Wing-walking schoolgirls fly over Gloucestershire for record.

Chronos the 2nd 13:24 21 Aug 13

Very quiet in the forums theses days.

Anyway just seen this. A couple of 9 year old girls do a spot of wing walking. How did that get past the elf n safety lot?

BBC.

johndrew 14:04 21 Aug 13

More likely the grandfather will be accused of child abuse as he was flying one of the aircraft. Or even the parents for allowing it.

On a happier side it is good to see young kids involving themselves in a worthwhile endeavour and enjoying it.

Chronos the 2nd 14:27 21 Aug 13

So I am not alone in web land.

When you hear stories of kids being stopped doing things that we used to take for granted, it is as you say great to see this sort of thing.

But lets wait for all the doom-sayers to stick there nebs in and accuse the parents and grandfather of all sorts of abuse.

wiz-king 14:28 21 Aug 13

Wearing the correct gear and strapped on - thats that issue dealt with.

Chronos the 2nd 14:34 21 Aug 13

Wearing the correct gear and strapped on-

You forgot the bit 'and hanging on for dear life'

thats that issue dealt with.

LOL.

john bunyan 15:06 21 Aug 13

Normally I am all in favour of kids doing adventurous things but try Googling "Wing walking accidents" . I am not sure I would take my grandchildren if I were a pilot. (Have done a tandem freefall with a 18 year old grandchild!!)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:14 21 Aug 13

When you hear stories of kids being stopped doing things that we used to take for granted

Ah... those cheap flights with the outside toilets :0)

Chronos the 2nd 15:32 21 Aug 13

Ah... those cheap flights with the outside toilets :0)

Is that not a modern idea? Did not Ryan Air introduce it?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:42 21 Aug 13

H&S

Is it all done on a Wing and a prayer?

Aitchbee 18:51 21 Aug 13

... it's nothing new, look to the left

click here

morddwyd 19:28 21 Aug 13

'and hanging on for dear life'

But they didn't. They waved!

Good for them. How nice to see children doing such things, and how doubly nice to see little girls behaving like little girls instead of aping some tarty pop star!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…