Windows XP X64 Edition Forum Anyone ?

Zeppelyn 20:54 07 Aug 05

Having just installed the 180 day trial version on a new AMD64 machine with little hassle,(only old Packed Bell Scanner giving driver problems)I wondered if any members would be interested in a X64 forum were we could discuss and help each other with driver problems etc. I for one am quite impressed with its speed and stability.

Updating NVidea and Creative drivers was a doddle.

Would be interested to hear what others think.

PS I did'nt replace old OS but just added it to multiboot with Win ME and XP Pro.

DieSse 22:15 07 Aug 05

Rather have a linux forum personally.

LastChip 00:01 08 Aug 05

but the reality is, there's not enough of us.

I'm quite sure if there were, PCA wouldn't think twice about it. After all, it is PC Advisor, not Windows Advisor isn't it!

Forum Editor 00:31 08 Aug 05

we know that - for the moment anyway - there isn't sufficient demand for a dedicated Linux forum. If there was, we would certainly rise to the occasion, and may well do so in the future.

As for 64bit WinXP - even less demand I'm afraid. To be honest, I think the next big thing is going to be the Windows Vista launch, and we may well run a Vista forum at the time. We ran a winXP SP2 forum for a while, and it was well-received.

Naturally we'll listen to feedback, but for the immediate future we don't have any plans for more forum areas.

Zeppelyn 20:56 08 Aug 05

Thanks for the feedback folks and well as for Linux, well I dont think that's what PC Advisor is about but have tried both Suse and Xandros and oh so frustrating.

First time I've had a post from FE so must have got him thinking. Oh and should'nt we be discussing today's topics not tomorrow's. Sorry FE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…