Windows Vista Ultimate

007al 16:58 07 Mar 06

Anyone have any ideas on the cost of the above Windows?

wolfie3000 17:04 07 Mar 06

Im not sure lets hope its not to expensive as i need to get hold of it for halo 2 :-(

Heres some info on it.

click here

johndrew 17:10 07 Mar 06

Why do MS make it so difficult. Five versions, each slightly, or greatly different. Wouldn`t it be easier to have either one or two versions, like XP, and let the individual load the parts that suit them?

Haol 17:23 07 Mar 06

Beginner - Just for new computers users or users with minimal experience that don't want to configure anything etc.

Intermediate - For people who want flexibility but not to much configuration of the OS.

Experienced - For experienced users that have the option to but are not required to configure the OS, etc.

ade.h 17:59 07 Mar 06

I think that MS has actually got this one about right.

Consider the wide range of demands that we place on the OS; from the basic undemanding user to the power user to a small business to a corporate network.... It makes a lot of sense to allow different users to pick a version that does not carry the cost of certain unnecessary features.

Then there are 32bit and 64bit systems....

007al 18:29 07 Mar 06

A single version with add on software for what you want would be easier,for MS and us i think.
It would be a shame for someone to buy the version they can afford,when they really want or need the next one up.Anyway,its not like MS are going to change it now.

bremner 19:37 07 Mar 06

Currently there are six versions of Windows XP

Starter
Home
Pro
Pro 64
Media
Tablet

There is going to be six versions of Vista - so no more or less

keith-236134 20:25 07 Mar 06

when is it coming out?

bremner 20:35 07 Mar 06

Novemberish........... possibly perhaps maybe.

ade.h 21:16 07 Mar 06

Is the Home version of x64 - that was released a little while prior to XP Pro x64 - now superceded by it?

bremner 21:48 07 Mar 06

There never has been a Home 64, the only version has been XP Pro64

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now