Windows Updates

Jackcoms 20:42 14 Mar 06

An interesting selection of critical and Office-related updates from MS today - Patch Tuesday.

However, I'm utterly bemused as to why I should be even remotely interested in the patch which relates to the change in Australian Daylight Saving Time as a result of the Commonwealth Games !!??

wolfie3000 21:16 14 Mar 06

cheers jackoms i forgot it was update tuesday.

ade.h 22:49 14 Mar 06

I'm wondering why my desktop only recieved one, despite not having updated it for a week or so. I don't use the annoying Automatic Update system. My laptop got all five.

Devil Fish 03:01 15 Mar 06

the daylight changing patch has no relevance to us mere mortals unless your lucky enough to be going to oz and taking your laptop with you.

the patch would be aimed more at the media, and buisness sponsoring the comonwealth games journalists company reps will travel to oz and no doubt laptops pda's etc will travel with them

ventanas 08:52 15 Mar 06

All I got was the malicious software thingy, Defender and some odd and ends for Outlook and Excel. No mention of daylight saving. Is this parculiar to laptops?

Devil Fish 10:16 15 Mar 06

no not particular to laptops but cant envisage anyone dragging their desktop on a flight to oz unless they are emmigrating

click here

Jackcoms 10:17 15 Mar 06

"Is this parculiar to laptops?"

No. It was 'offered' to my desktop. I declined. ;-))

anskyber 11:10 15 Mar 06

I first got the need for an update to the validation tool, after which I got 4 critical updates. The auto function did not work for the validation tool, I had to do that manually.

Jackcoms 11:14 15 Mar 06

"auto function did not work for the validation tool, I had to do that manually."

Yes, same for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced