windows ten

sunnystaines 19:16 07 Dec 14

has anyone had a chance to view the pre release version can give any feedback is it the biz or a let down so far. i know its early days.

QuizMan 21:02 07 Dec 14

I have set it up on an old laptop and it works well. My main purpose was to ascertain if some of my favourite, but ageing programs worked on it. Supposedly they were not meant to, but they did after a bit of tweaking. I think I said on another thread that a Windows 10 pop up advised that it needed to download a XP service pack to overcome an initial issue with Outlook 2003 which it did and it isfunctioning correctly. Bizarre.

I also rather liked the upgrade of CMD.exe into which you can now cut and paste.

sunnystaines 08:06 08 Dec 14

quizman thanks, is programs menu back to w7 standard?

QuizMan 09:17 08 Dec 14

"is programs menu back to w7 standard?"

sunnystaines it is certainly better than W8, but it is not like for like in terms of W10/W7, but you soon get used to it. I have not really tried customising it much. That is not why I installed it.

I think another aspect that I shall get to appreciate, but haven't tried yet, is multiple desktops. I am membership secretary for an athletics club with 800 members. So, for example, I can one set up a desktop for personal use and another for when membership secretary purposes.

Have you tried YouTube for a look-see? I found that quite useful.

sunnystaines 08:55 09 Dec 14

quizman thankshad not thought of youtube.

kylie23 15:39 18 Dec 14

I'm so excited with using the windows 10 system. I haven't met the 9th yet but hopefully I'll have the 10th on its release. I wonder what are the remarkable features does windows 10 can boast about.

Woolwell 19:26 18 Dec 14

Kylie123: There have been articles about W10 on this site listing features and there will not be a W9.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now