Windows Revenge!

Crosstrainer2 09 Jul 11
Answered

Brumas will like this I think: my new iMac is being delivered next week, and I have sold my main PC, leaving just my laptop running Windows7 64.

The chap I sold the PC to insisted on Win7 64bit, although I explained at length about compatibility issues with some of his older kit.

Ho Hum, I duly installed win7 64.

Chap phones last night, says I was right in the first place and would I kindly revert to 32 bit. " don't suppose it will take long will it?"

Up at 3am as he is collecting it today. Mr Gates parting shot at me I guess!

morddwyd 09 Jul 11

"would I kindly revert to 32 bit."

No. It's now your computer, as "seen, tried tested and approved", and therefore now your problem too!

Crosstrainer2 09 Jul 11

Morddwydd

I couldn't do that, but I'm going to hold on to the installation DVDs he has young children, and I've seen the damage they can do with a Windows DVD !

Okay, it's tedious, but it's the last time (hopes)

Brumas 09 Jul 11

Crosstrainer2, Eyelids flicked upwards then shakes head knowingly ;o}}

Crosstrainer2 09 Jul 11

Brumas

I'm still at it, roll on next week core i7 8th ram 2gb graphics 27" screen.

Truly a thing of beauty

Crosstrainer2 09 Jul 11

Just SP1 to go, then tear it all down (again) box it all up ( again) then feet up for a bit with my iPad I think

Colin 09 Jul 11

A good example of why I never sell a PC to someone I know or lives close by – you end up giving 24/7 support and a lifetime warranty.

Crosstrainer2 09 Jul 11
Answer

See New Post I'm about to create! LOL!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message