Windows OS

woodchip 12:05 PM 28 Mar 13

How Many new updated OS's before Gaits gets it right or I die? which will comes first

woodchip 12:08 PM 28 Mar 13

PS we seem to have had three fails out of the last set "Win Me, Win Vista and now Win 8

wiz-king 12:15 PM 28 Mar 13

I wish they would start from fresh rather than keep fudging the old system.

carver 12:25 PM 28 Mar 13

I liked XP and I also like Windows 7 but Windows 8 is one I shan't even bother with.

Sound like an Aldi advert.

Mr Mistoffelees 12:28 PM 28 Mar 13

I'm in the same boat as Carver.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:14 PM 28 Mar 13

As they seem to get every other one right and then mess up the following perhaps "Windows Blue" (code name for the next version) will be good.

Haven't tried 7 or 8 yet, have XP on desktop and 98 2000 pro and vista on laptops

looking to upgrade soon probably to a Chillblast Longbow, Orb or Lynx, but can't make up my mind whether to go for for W7 on a SSD or W8 on a normal drive.

amonra 14:02 PM 28 Mar 13

I've got ubuntu installed on my laptop on an SSD as a trial run. Lightening fast and easy to use. I'm not going to upgrade my Win7 desktop, I'm quite happy with it as it is. Maybe if it goes horribly wrong, then I might put ubuntu on that as well. Mr. Gates can keep churning out his bloated OSs' I for one am not interested.

Chegs ®™ 14:21 PM 28 Mar 13

I have win 7 on my desktop with an SSD and its fast enough for my needs. I to am avoiding win 8.

hssutton 14:25 PM 28 Mar 13

I took advantage? of W8 several weeks ago when the price dropped to £49, albeit a pricing error.IMO a total waste of time and space However I am perfectly happy with W7

Woolwell 16:08 PM 28 Mar 13

You need to try W8 on a touchscreen to appreciate its qualities.

john bunyan 16:11 PM 28 Mar 13

I jumped from XP to W7 and am very pleased with it. I will not move to W8 for the moment.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites