Windows Live OneCare

anchor 14:19 11 Jun 06

This is a subscription service for protecting your PC; currently only available in the USA. Cost: $49.95

click here

No doubt it will come to the UK in time.

Joe R 14:39 11 Jun 06

I don't see what it offers, as being any better, than the free software I, (and lots more people) already use.

folder4mags 16:06 11 Jun 06

Windows Live OneCare found 7 bugs on my PC which they would remove if i upgraded. Strangly my normal AntiVirus said my pc was clean, their not trying to get money out of people by pretending i have bugs on my pc?

Forum Editor 16:31 11 Jun 06

for a few months, and although it seemed to do its job well enough I felt it imposed a performance penalty at times.

When offered the final product I declined, but maybe it's improved since the beta.

anchor 17:03 11 Jun 06

I wonder if it means "goodbye" to the free Windows defender when it arrives here?.

I know it will come included with Vista, but will it still be free for us lesser mortals who stick with XP?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…