Windows Live Mail Beta

Jimmy14 18:00 18 Apr 06

I am just wondering if any-one has tried out the beta version of Windows Live Mail. I signed up for it about two weeks ago and i received a invitation to start using it today which I am and it seems alot better than the standard MSN Emailing system.

Look foward to hear from any-one thats tried it out

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:26 18 Apr 06

Can't beat Outlook 2003.

G

bremner 18:42 18 Apr 06

Yes I have

It has an Outlook feel to it but I find the screen cluttered and to date it is nothing to write home about.

It is of course a Beta and the finsihed article may be better

Forum Editor 18:53 18 Apr 06

and have been testing it for the past six months or so.

During that time it's improved almost daily, and although I'm not a big user of web-mail services I have to say I'm very impressed with the current version - it's as good as webmail gets in my opinion.

Microsoft have improved their whole approach to product development, almost beyond recognition. Years ago the atitude was very much "Here it is, we hope you like it, please hand over a whacking big slab of cash". I've been on testing panels for every major Microsoft release since Windows 95, and I've watched the company's involvement with real-world testers improve steadily during that period, up to the point where I now receive personal emails from members of the development team, asking me what I think, and whether I have any suggestions, etc.

It's a great way to develop products, and I wish that other software companies would take note.

wolfie3000 22:12 18 Apr 06

Iv never been a fan of web-mail services i prefer to have just one e-mail address that everyone i know can e-mail me at,

Having more than one would mean checking them all and that seems to me like a waste of time.

Jimmy14 16:19 20 Apr 06

Thank-you for your replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…