Wind of Change

oresome 17:38 19 Jan 09

Canny consumers have been trying to make their money go further and that has meant changing the way they shop.

Baked bean sales, for example, rose 22.6% in December, compared with December 2007.

click here

Have any forum members changed their spending habits recently?

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:48 19 Jan 09

Nope.

G

Brumas 17:59 19 Jan 09

Does that mean I can stop buying tinned tomatoes now and concentrate on baked beans - decisions, decisions,decisions...... ;o))

newman35 18:00 19 Jan 09

Changed my spending habits - naw, was always a tight git and still am!!

spuds 18:22 19 Jan 09

And there was me getting worried that British pork products were getting cheaper because the pork perhaps came from Poland ;o(

newman35 18:23 19 Jan 09

I second that.

Forum Editor 18:42 19 Jan 09

In an uncertain economic climate it makes sense to exercise a little caution, especially if you're self-employed, and have to go out there every day and generate income.

It's noticeably harder to do that at the moment, so I'm cutting back on costs where I can, in common with hundreds of thousands of other small businesses. It would be foolish not to.

Quickbeam 18:45 19 Jan 09

"has meant changing the way they shop."
I now spend money on gold sovereigns instead of paying into a pension. They're a much better investment than short date tinned tomatoes...

Kevscar1 18:46 19 Jan 09

FE
I was certainly expecting it to be harder but I went out last Wed 3rd day back and did my highest January day since I started in 94. In fact I don,t normally do a day that good until late March.

interzone55 08:59 20 Jan 09

The credit crunch hasn't effected me at all really. I've never been able to afford to buy more food than I need, nor spend more on it than absolutely necessary...

Geronimo. 10:23 20 Jan 09

BREAD is just gone over the top with its price's, ive decided this week myself & my wife will be buying Chickens (4) & maybe a new bread maker as its just getting to be so unacceptablely expensive, this time last year bread was around 60/70p now we find it so hard to buy it less than £1.40 & eggs £1.50 for 6..??? i can seel the eggs as well at £1.00 per six as they are freerange, me thinks a advert for fresh eggs in going in the window...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…