//some 3rd party need geo

wills

semag 15:41 21 May 06

Hi, anyone know how much a will costs at a solicitors or if the DIY ones are any good?

NORFOLK SPARKY 15:50 21 May 06

I tried Google and found sites at £30 you can get a form from the post office and do it you s self. But if you make a mistake or are not clear in you intentions it could coause problems. I seem to recall seeing local adverts in my area giving a price £ 80 to writ e a will

rdave13 16:06 21 May 06

Have a look here, click here

For a basic simple will, the going rate around here is around the £60-70 mark. An aunt left a self written will that was badly drawn up and caused some friction in the family. For peace of mind, it's best to use a solicitor.

martjc 16:31 21 May 06

...as long as your intentions are clear, you have two witnesses who won't benefit from the will and you don't use terms you don't understand, you can put your will on an old pizza box!

It's still your will - what you want to happen after you die.

pj123 17:32 21 May 06

£120 for a solicitor to draw up me and my partners wills (£60 each) not a lot to ask and, of course, it is right first time.

You tell them exactly what you want. They draw up a draft and send it to you. Make any changes or accept it as it is, no extra charge.

You can have it to keep yourself but we decided the solicitor keeps it and we have copies.

Having got the copy I scanned it in to my computer and also typed it out again in Word.

So if in the future I want to make any changes I can just do my own printout.

bremner 17:42 21 May 06

I am with pj123 - horses for courses - I want to now that my children will be cared for exactly as per my wishes and that my estate is executed likewise.

Just not worth the risk of a DIY will.

spikeychris 17:46 21 May 06

I intend spending the lot before I pop it so it doesn’t matter.

semag 19:00 21 May 06

Thanks for your help everyone....spikeychris you got it right.

bluto1 19:35 21 May 06

25 or more years ago My wife and I had ours drawn up, signed and witnessed on the same day in our branch of Nat West. We weren`t charged anything at the time but I understand there is a £5.00 per annum storage charge, and whatever they charge for the administration of them.

oresome 17:40 22 May 06

Hearing snippets of a programme on the radio today, it would appear the chancellor has recently changed some rules regarding inheritance tax and the minimising of.

The present situation is so confused that some IHT reduction schemes are 'on hold' while advisors get clarification from the government.

Existing wills may need to be re-drafted to take account of the changes when the situaion becomes clearer apparently.

Most with their own house, especially in the South, will probably get caught in the IHT net eventually as the allowance does not go up at the rate of house price inflation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…