Will you follow the football World Cup at work?

PC Advisor 13:09 11 Jun 10

The first game of the 2010 football World Cup kicks off in a couple of hours. Will you be allowed to follow the action at work, and if so, how will you do this - a TV in your workplace, radio, streaming coverage online or using websites?

On the other hand, do you not care about the football?

David Price 13:12 11 Jun 10
  MAT ALAN 13:14 11 Jun 10

wrong shaped ball for me....

might pop me head near a telly, but not gonna go out of me way to watch.

ronalddonald 13:18 11 Jun 10

I know that the majority of bus drivers will hence no buses running or running on time

ronalddonald 13:18 11 Jun 10

happens every year

babybell 13:25 11 Jun 10

My company bans websites with streaming media, so that is out of the question. What's worse, our servers are based in Germany, so most websites block content due to "territorial restrictions" even though I'm in Bath!

To get around this, I have purchased a little portablt TV from ebay for £20. Its only has a 2.5 inch screen, but should do they trick tucked away in my drawer!

Quickbeam 13:36 11 Jun 10

Work is for work, anyway, I'm having a problem finding any enthusiasm for this one.

johndrew 14:23 11 Jun 10

For the many who are retired I feel the answer is a definite "no".

For myself, in addition to the above this game with a round ball bears no comparison to rugby!!

BT 16:37 11 Jun 10

I won't even be following it at home. Can't stand football. Be glad when its all over.

interzone55 17:28 11 Jun 10

For anyone moaning about work banning streaming media, just remember that most business ISPs charge for the bandwidth used, so streaming media seriously impacts on the monthly bill.

We've had a plasma wheeled in for any England matches during work time. Anyone who wants to watch can do so in the boardroom. I'm not sure everyone will fit...

octal 18:31 11 Jun 10

I will be following it on the radio, can't stream at work as it's a corporate network so that's blocked. The company I work for have a sweepstake and I've been drawn Slovakia and Japan, oh well, you never know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…