Will you be donating?

Sapins 18:41 14 May 07

Just watched the news re the little girl abducted in Portugal, the parents are setting up a fund to enable them and their family to stay in Portugal whilst the search for their daughter goes on.

Blackhat 18:53 14 May 07

I would have thought the media will have that covered.

Somebody will want to get an exclusive.

Forum Editor 19:01 14 May 07

as far as I know, although the outcome will be the same. The family's lawyers haven't yet announced details of the scheme, but it's being talked of as a 'fighting fund'.

In my opinion, such a move is a turning point. It's a fact of life that people start losing interest in these cases if, after about two weeks, nothing happens. I believe that point is being reached about now, and I notice that the BBC is downgrading the story's prominence on its online news front page.

The thing is, nothing's happening, and that means Madeleine may be a long way from Portugal, living with a new family and well hidden, or it means she may have been killed. Either way the trail seems to have gone cold, and as police activity is reduced it's going to be much harder for the parents to keep the momentum going in terms of getting support. I'm sure they've been advised that they need to generate a lot of money if they're going to stay in Portugal and monitor the situation, and like most parents they'll be desperate for whatever help they can get in the circumstances.

Whether the British public will be forthcoming remains to be seen.

Bingalau 20:29 14 May 07

Latest on the BBC News site is that a villa has been sealed off near where they are and is being searched. Fingers crossed for good news.

€dstowe 22:18 14 May 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac