Will Santa bring what you want or ?????

gengiscant 18:40 24 Dec 10

My good lady always decides I need new underwear and jumpers etc for Christmas, my fault she says as I do not buy it during the year.
But I have to figure out what she wants,I have tried cameras, because she said she would like to keep a record of the granddaughter growing up, I bought her a Flip video camera, its got a big red button, press to record, press to stop, and keep it in the general direction or the subject.
Nope, loads of footage of nothing, the ground, the sky, the sea.
Any other video/cams kicking about that are even easier?

Merry Christmas All

lucky1 18:51 24 Dec 10

Merry Christmas Gengiscant. Like you I will get the usual underwear etc. and handkerchiefs with either my initials or the days of the week printed thereon! Have bought my good lady vouchers for the health spa at Stobo Castle. Knowing her she'll still have them this time next year, stating she's been too busy to go. You can't win!

Forum Editor 18:53 24 Dec 10

Sony HDR-CX110

My daughter produces excellent footage with hers, and if she can do it anyone can. We're talking about someone who - when asked by me what her company BMW engine looked like, said 'Don't know dad, I've never opened the bonnet'.

gengiscant 19:23 24 Dec 10

Why do you need your initials or days of the week printed on your stuff?
Merry Christmas.

ukpostcode 19:58 24 Dec 10

Well i was hoping for a Range Rover Sport.
But seems i've got the remote control version!
Happy Christmas folks.

peter99co 22:50 24 Dec 10

There used to be a camera on the market that took photographs of peoples ears.

birdface 14:51 25 Dec 10

After listening to the wife don't get me this and don't get me that.
I never had a clue as to what to get her.
So unfortuanately I managed to get her nothing.
I felt terrible just giving her a card with Money in it,
But that is what she wanted.
I suppose the older you get the less you need.
Plus I must admit I was the same she never had a clue what to get me.
She was going to Marks & Spencers and I told her whatever you do do not get me any Jumpers {Pullovers.] from them.
Sure enough she came home with 2 of them for me to try.
Both were a bit tight and having a look at the the material was very poor and also made in Bangladesh did not help.
So back they went the next day for a refund.
Not sure what Marks and Spencers are up to but the quality of there clothes has fallen sharply.
Anyhow got to go so all the best .V.M look and sound alike.

lucky1 17:23 25 Dec 10

gengiscant - sorry, didn't see your reply until today! My 'good' lady thinks I need reminding who I am and what day of the week it is!!.

I got the usual white hankies today, but, lo and behold, no initials or days of the week on them. Obviously she couldn't find any this year!! Or, she now has a higher opinion of me!

spuds 21:12 25 Dec 10

Not so much "Will Santa bring you what you want" more like "or ?????".

Today my main computer just died (possibly the psu)without warning. So checked over hardly used back-up computer, and found that it was grossly out of date, so a mass of updating commenced, including installing SP3 on XP.

I then realised that I had a boxed Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo laptop, that I had purchased from Ebuyer many moons ago. Took it out of the box and set it up, and now I have a new pressie to play with.

What Santa took from one hand he gave with another. Now to look for a screwdriver, and see if a spare psu will repair old faithfull?.

Condom 00:13 26 Dec 10

Well I got my Kindle. Praises be to whoever. I even got the 3G version which was a bonus (I think.

Now where are all these books I want to read?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos