why were only 2 arrested

sunnystaines 20:43 10 Mar 09

all 20 of them should have been arrested, they were disturbing the peace, their actions were insulting to say the least.

click here

A insult to the returning troops the fact they were not arrested.

interzone55 21:53 10 Mar 09

We have a right to free protest in this country. Which is something we should be thankful for.

When we have a right to free speech this sometimes means that we have to listen to people express opinions that we don't agree with or like...

sunnystaines 22:01 10 Mar 09

its the manner they used, not the fact they were there.

newman35 22:15 10 Mar 09

Personally, I think it might have something to do with media coverage of 'bearded men' of possibly another faith - always good copy!

I abhor their views but will defend their right to express them - as they did not appear violent.

wolfie3000 22:27 10 Mar 09

Although there message is a little disturbing, all that will happen is that the protesters will instil more racial hatred for Muslims.

PalaeoBill 22:29 10 Mar 09

Is it just me or was the protest utterly futile?

The soldiers don't have any say; they go where the government sends them or they refuse, get a nice courts martial hearing and a nasty prison sentence. Hurling insults at them will not prevent them going again.

It would have made more sense for the 'bearded men' to have protested outside parliament.

newman35 22:48 10 Mar 09

"It would have made more sense for the 'bearded men' to have protested outside parliament"

Agreed, but note how much coverage it got, which a small demo at Parliament wouldn't have. It was all about publicity.

al's left peg 22:54 10 Mar 09

Newman35
You tell me what these so called people bring to this country? I might not express myself well, I might be blunt, but I don't think having soldiers who are serving for our armed forces being insulted in our own streets is right? It should of been stoppped years ago when Bakri and captain hook were closing streets in London to say what a crap country we are.
If they don't agree with this country's ways, why are so many of them here bleating on and getting what they want all the time?
If I stood in a town centre in this country and shouted "all you muslim type guys,with big long beards go to hell" I would be carted off to the nearest nick in no time.
I am bloody sick of it me, and people wonder why the BNP are starting to win votes.

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:54 10 Mar 09

You cannot have free speech and then try to censor it. They have every right to protest even if they are wrong.

G

ronalddonald 23:06 10 Mar 09

hmm now lets see if i said the same to the Jews to the Christians to the Hindus and to all other religions represented in the UK. What would happen to me think before you blink

Stuartli 23:43 10 Mar 09

Perhaps someone should download the forum's terms and conditions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant