Why does my postie never call on Tuesdays?

961 14:13 12 Oct 10

We've lived in the same rural village since 1995

But in the last two or three years the postie never, ever, delivers to us on a Tuesday

We see him go past the door just like all the other days of the week, yes

But on Tuesday

Nada. Zilch. Nothing

Why would this be?

johndrew 14:28 12 Oct 10

I could possibly be that coincidentally he has no letters/parcels for you on the day; and as you say, "We see him go past the door just like all the other days of the week," perhaps, yes, he has nothing then either. :-O

Bingalau 14:33 12 Oct 10

Our postman always knocks twice...

Quickbeam 14:38 12 Oct 10

It's that Julie Finkle at No 96 waylaying him, that's the problem...

Clapton is God 14:52 12 Oct 10

"We've lived in the same rural village since 1995"

Which probably explains why you've nothing better to worry about than postal deliveries.

Methinks you need to get out more

spuds 15:00 12 Oct 10

Ask the postman, perhaps you are on their 'no deliveries day', it can make the bag lighter and share the load around ;o)

We had four postmen outside our home this lunchtime. Not sure whether it was a union meeting, or perhaps training the temps for the forthcoming wintertime mail.

(Note I didn't mention the word that the FE forbids before the merriment season).

gaucho. 15:05 12 Oct 10

Tuesday is the most likely day not to receive post.

Quickbeam 15:06 12 Oct 10

Wintermass?

interzone55 15:13 12 Oct 10

I only seem to get mail one day a week unless it looks important.

I like on a small estate behind a gate with a combination lock, so they seem to collate mail and deliver it all on Mondays...

babybell 15:34 12 Oct 10

Letters posted Friday/Saturday will probably arrive Monday. As no post is sorted on Sunday, thats probably why you have nothing on Tuesday.

flycatcher1 19:03 12 Oct 10

We always have a delivery on Saturday.
Is it an overtime thing?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…