Why does it take NTL 2 days to activate

pj123 18:02 27 Jun 05

call barring.

According to my bill I am paying for call barring on Premium Rate numbers since changing from BT to NTL. I tried to dial a Premium Rate number and got an answer. I rang NTL and told them and they said "You have got the wrong call barring, we will activate it now but it will not come into effect for 2 days."

OK, fine. Waited 2 days, called a premium rate number and got through again. Called NTL and was told it was a fault and to call the faults line. Did that, faults say nothing wrong on the line, call customer services. Finally got through to someone on Customer Relations on 20th June who said he would get it sorted, but, again it would take 2 days to activate. It is now 27th June and still I can dial premium numbers without any problem. Have spoken to someone at NTL who says he will get it fixed but could take from 27 minutes to 24 hours. We will wait and see.

pj123 16:42 28 Jun 05

Well after many more phone calls I seem to have Premium Rate call barring in place. I tried to call a few numbers that were listed on my last bill and they are all barred.

Thread closed.

spuds 17:01 28 Jun 05

NTL customers in my neck of the woods are having problems with their telephone numbers being changed without their immediate knowledge or approval.NTL are making all sorts of excuses in trying to gain public confidence in their service.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…