Why do they need my DOB?

pj123 18:01 15 Jan 07

I'm checking around the "net" for Pet Insurance.

Every place I have tried has a form to fill in with "My Details", like Name, Address, Telephone Nbr, Email etc... But why do they need my Date of Birth???

Also, I have noticed that although they are different company's (Tesco, Direct Line, Sainsbury, Virgin etc.) they all seem to have the same form.

What has my DOB got to do with insuring my cat?

Bingalau 18:04 15 Jan 07

Maybe you have to be a certain age before you can do so. But most probably it is because they are taking money off you. ..Bingalau..

Totally-braindead 18:16 15 Jan 07

Its is case of a cat-astrophe.

I'm sorry pj123 I couldn't resist.

I don't know the definate answer but can think of 2 other possabilities, perhaps it to make sure you are old enough to take out the insurance or maybe its to help identify you from others of the same name. I think Bingalau's explanation is the most likely one though.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:11 15 Jan 07

Perhaps you have to be older than your cat to insure it :-)

spuds 19:35 15 Jan 07

For marketing purposes of other products?.

pj123 19:39 15 Jan 07

Thanks Guys. It's irrelevant now anyway. None of them will insure a cat over 8 years old. Both ours are over 12.

Ticked.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:49 15 Jan 07

"None of them will insure a cat over 8 years old."

So just as a cat is getting old enough to be at greater risk of health problems, they lose interest. What a surprise!

TonyV 20:59 15 Jan 07

Do like a lot of other people do and put a ridiculous DoB in the form. They will still accept it. I filled one out once and put a date of something like 01/01/1900 which would have made me over 106! Not very realistic, but they still accepted!! I really think that so long as there is a number of the right format there, they will not query it!

I think it is all to do with marketing.

TonyV

Watchful 21:22 15 Jan 07

Perhaps they wanted the cat's Dob!

Woolwell 21:40 15 Jan 07

This company seems to do cats over 8
click here

I must check and compare for dogs - mine are 8 years old and have been insured since puppies.

Input Overload 23:52 15 Jan 07

Saved that site Woolwell for future reference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos