Why cannot -E-tailers get their web invoices

jack 10:40 29 Oct 10

Onto one page.
Yes I know if one is paying attention the printer can be set to print the primary page only.
But when making an E-purchase that thought is not foremost when simply hitting print for the invoice
The result is a page of invoice and a 2nd page of a single line of some arcane text- a total waste of paper and ink/toner.

johndrew 10:46 29 Oct 10

If using Firefox you could use 'Print Preview' and either print the first page or size the whole thing to fit one page.

gengiscant 11:03 29 Oct 10

Useful to know, but 'Jacks' complaint is a valid one.I to am sick of the extra page with very little printed on it.

interzone55 11:42 29 Oct 10

Even worse is the number of emails I print that have a single line on the second page saying "think of the environment - only print this email if necessary"

Yes it was necessary to print the email, but the environmental message wasted an extra page, and with Outlook there is no print preview option...

interzone55 12:26 29 Oct 10

Stuck with Outlook 2003 here I'm afraid...

jack 12:29 29 Oct 10

I am aware of Print preview -John Drew
PFD creatores -yet another chore- Forum member
When print opens the printer box does come up with usual = print all -spot
or
pages 1-1 selector
But as all the above suggestions it anextra chore over and above hitting print and gettine- a page -just the one.

Editing Emails is easy - I do this on the rare occasions of need of a hard copy
Edit/Select all/copy
Open Word Pad click paste - Edit then print

spuds 12:33 29 Oct 10

I to get fed up with the extra page syndrome, but like fourm member, on occasions I use a pdf method, but this can be a little long winded and time consuming.

Keep saying that most of the problem may lie in my printer set-up, but I am to lazy to investigate. I must improve!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…