This is why the BBC is rubbish at sport

961 14:04 06 Oct 10

I'm watching coverage of the Commonwealth Games on BBC2 at lunchtime on Wednesday

There is no live (or recorded) sport

Instead we are watching no less than seven talking heads rambling on about what has happened and what may happen

How much has this cost to get this load of retired stars to appear?

What do they contribute?

muddypaws 14:31 06 Oct 10

That annoyed me as well.
What about the red button though?

961 14:46 06 Oct 10

Yes, but loads of folk still don't have the red button

But the point is that the money spent on paying and flying all these folk could be better spent buying live sport which has, instead, disappeared to Sky

HondaMan 15:10 06 Oct 10

tton.

Perhaps not, but they do have a SWITCH!

HondaMan 15:13 06 Oct 10

Much has been made of the lack of people watching. What, I wonder, is the price of the average entry fee compared to local earnings?

Not watching any of it, but if the BBC have flown this bunch of fatuous freeloaders halfway around the world and is putting them up in (probably VERY expensive) hotels instead of simply letting them watch the TV coverage in London, then they must think that the Licence payers are bloody fools to put up with this.

Armchair 16:04 06 Oct 10

The 'expert' pundits on Match of the Day try my patience, never mind this mob.

al's left peg 16:22 06 Oct 10

I agree with the general direction of this thread, why fly Sue Barker and the whole mob over their to broadcast carpet bowls for god's sake.

wee eddie 16:31 06 Oct 10

Why not go out and participate.

There will be a sport that you can play, just get off your collective asses and do something.

All Sport should be banned from the TV.

961 16:34 06 Oct 10

There are many who, for one reason or another, cannot participate

The idea that all sport should be banned from tv is neither realistic nor sensible

Armchair 16:40 06 Oct 10

My condition prevents such activity.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…