Who's got the best PC

BigMoFoT 11:21 29 Aug 05

This is a thread for you all to show off your specs but at the same time it could help all those new people become aware of new technology, which are the best brands, configurations, pricing and how much we actually spend. I'll start it off, I'll be as detailed as I can...

Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Case
Asus A8N SLi Deluxe
Athlon 64 3500+
Zalman Quiet Copper Flower Cooler
1 GB Corsair TwinX (2 x 512) PC3200 CAS 2
2 x AOpen 6800 GT running in SLi (OC)
Western Digital 74.5 GB Raptor (10,000 RPM)
Hitachi Desktar 400GB
Tagan TG480 quiet CPU
LG GSA 4120B Multi Format DVD Writer
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
Windows XP SP2

I'm sure there are better specs than mine but if anyone has any questions about performance, specs, pricing, reliability, cooling then just post!

DieSse 12:50 29 Aug 05

Best for what?

BigMoFoT 12:59 29 Aug 05

the idea of the post to be honest, probably a bad title however but it's to give people a view as to who has got what spec, what they use it for, what components work best that kind of thing..

Forum Editor 13:05 29 Aug 05

we're not too keen on these threads - it's a bit like asking which car people have got, or how much money they have in the bank.

BigMoFoT 13:21 29 Aug 05

I see your point it maybe was a bit of a blunt and upfront question, wasn't intended to be personal but I suppose in a round about way we've all probably answered this at some point for example when someone asks, 'Which graphics card do I buy?' People are obvioulsy going to respond and give adviceon what they have and get an answer. Then the same person posts a new thread saying 'Which motherboard to go with my new graphics card'.

I guess I shot myself in the foot with the title but, perhaps a title like, "This is my spec and this is what I do with it." People could then see from each others specs which brand of memory works well in particular brands of motherboards for example...

Happy Soul 13:36 29 Aug 05

The person with the best computer will be the person who buys one a month after I have bought the latest best top spec one.

Happy Soul 13:37 29 Aug 05

The person with the best computer will be the person who buys one a month after I have bought the latest best top spec one.

Aspman 13:45 29 Aug 05

I do coz it's red. Red ones are always faster.

bremner 13:51 29 Aug 05

click here

It cracks encryption keys a doddle but it plays Doom3 poorly - I intend to get an Nvidia 7800GT for it soon.

ps cooling can be a problem at times too

Mr Mistoffelees 14:13 29 Aug 05

Mine must be very fast, it makes lots of noise, like a vacuum cleaner.

Jackcoms 14:23 29 Aug 05

Mine is the best cos I say so.

FE - you may now close this pointless thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…