Who'd be a Scot??

canarieslover 13:58 12 Mar 09

Following on from the decision to increase the price of booze the Scottish Parliament now want to add to the misery by increasing the tax on chocolate. click here
Who'd be a Scot?

Picklefactory 14:02 12 Mar 09

With all the other unhealthy stuff they eat up there (Haggis, deep fried anything, Scotch pies, slice etc) there's still plenty of opportunity to get fat and unhealthy.

PS Shhh, but apart from the deep fried anything, I'm partial to all the rest of that list.

newman35 14:06 12 Mar 09

Where does "the Scottish Parliament now want to add to the misery by increasing the tax on chocolate" come from??

An individual doctor has proposed it at a BMA conference - nothing to do with the Parliament, get the facts straight.

Clapton is God 14:20 12 Mar 09

Let's hope they don't increase the tax on kilts as well.

The thought of thousands of Scotsmen wandering around in just their Y-fronts because they can no longer afford a kilt, doesn't bear thinking about.

jack 14:26 12 Mar 09

C i G wrote
The thought of thousands of Scotsmen wandering around in just their Y-fronts because they can no longer afford a kilt, doesn't bear thinking about.

They wear Y fronts?
Well that's a relief;-}

canarieslover 14:28 12 Mar 09

newman35
I must be one of the 10% then. And why spoil a good Story by getting your facts straight? I've never known a politician do that.

Clapton is God
I thought they spurned Y-fronts which makes the thought of a kilt tax even more disturbing.

newman35 15:11 12 Mar 09

"I must be one of the 10% then"
Bet the Scots are delighted about that, as it might dilute the gene pool if those who cannot understand the difference between the BMA and Parliament were allowed in. (;-))

carver 15:31 12 Mar 09

You will just have to put the bad manners from a certain person down to PMT.

newman35 15:44 12 Mar 09

Pray show us where any 'bad manners' have been demonstrated in this post? and PMT?? What are you on?

carver 16:03 12 Mar 09

I don't believe I mentioned your name.

newman35 16:17 12 Mar 09

I only asked you to back up your assertion that there were 'bad manners', no matter who they were from. Can you? If not, why make the statement?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now