Who is watching the tennis then?

Cymro. 15:52 05 Jul 09

The wife is watching in the other room so I listen to the commentary while on the computer. I go through every now and again when the game seems to be getting to an important point. I can`t be doing with these five set matches, don`t have the attention span. But I will go through to watch the final set or any tiebreakers. Anyone else following the game. That's the Wimbledon tennis tournament final before someone asks what tennis. .

norman47 16:06 05 Jul 09

in this household.

The only thing we have seen of the tennis is Murry's dismal failure, again, on the main news.

Now the ashes is a different story.

wiz-king 16:46 05 Jul 09

I have seen a few clips - by accident - I played tenis as a schoolboy a few years ago -- well 45 years ago -- but it is not something I can sit, watch and enjoy.

Si_L 16:51 05 Jul 09

Yep, watching it on the BBC site, looks like its going to a 5 setter :)

DANZIG 18:03 05 Jul 09

I'm sitting here watching it bored senseless, but the other half loves it so I'm stuck with it.

Brings me back memories of when I was a kid and my televisual entertainment just disappeared for a fortnight every summer

Forum Editor 18:09 05 Jul 09

in between seeing the odd patient or fifty. She has a TV in the clinic, one in the bedroom, one in the kitchen, and one - permanently tuned to Wimbledon - in the lounge.

She's a Wimbledon fan, but that's all about to change - The Ashes cometh.

ulrich 19:17 05 Jul 09

I will be watching, for me, something more interesting on BBC 2 at 2200hrs Moto GP from Laguna Seca.

Stuartli 19:55 05 Jul 09

The Wimbledon final was a classic - Federer and Roddick played themselves virtually to a standstill.

Both displayed equally immaculate sporting behaviour after the match and neither said "You know" or "I'm over the moon" even once when interviewed...:-)

laurie53 19:58 05 Jul 09

"on the main news."

Chance (to watch the news) would be a fine thing.

The BBC seem to have cancelled it (yet again).

Stuartli 21:16 05 Jul 09

The BBC News, according to a message on screen was on BBC2.

natdoor 21:55 05 Jul 09

How can anyone who watches cricket think that tennis is boring? I watched the whole of the men's final and both semis as well as about three hours or more almost every day of the championship. Just missed out a bit because of playing golf. I used to visir Wimbledon fairly regularly and saw Rod Laver win one of his finals. It has got too crowded now.

The final was absorbing and very tense. I felt that there were rather more errors than would be expected but the pressure obviously told. I wanted Federer to win but am sorry that Roddick had to lose after coming so close.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5