who wants to eat at KFC

ronalddonald 16:47 11 May 10

click here

i dont think i be eating kfc anymore yuck!

peter99co 16:49 11 May 10

The Coventry Street outlet, which employs 65 staff, has since had a £600,000 refurbishment.

Probably a little safer now.

If you get a fly in your soup don't tell anyone though because they may all want one.

namtas 16:51 11 May 10

I can not do anything about it but does make me think seriously whenever I dine out in a public place.

ronalddonald 16:57 11 May 10

I vaguely remember i think in the 1970's or 1980's some of the chicken having rat poison inside of them. I thought KFC would of learnt by now.

interzone55 17:17 11 May 10

Just because one branch out of hundreds was caught out don't tar the whole company with the same brush.

I find KFC to be cleaner than most cafes, although they don't compare to McDonalds who are probably the only food outlet who always seem to have someone cleaning the tables and floor all day...

peter99co 17:44 11 May 10

Chicken having rat poison inside of them.

How did it taste?

Chegs ®™ 18:24 11 May 10

Just because one branch out of hundreds was caught out don't tar the whole company with the same brush.

KFC fired the pest control company right after this incident,at all its branches thus implying that the poor hygiene of one branch could be repeated at other branches which KFC were addressing by hiring a new pest control company.

spuds 19:01 11 May 10

A few months back, there was a number of television programs regarding food hygiene and the like. Some very disturbing results, and this didn't just cover the small take-away outlet. But then again, what can you expect when the hours are long, the works hard and constant, and the financial rewards are small.

Over the past couple of years, our local trading standards have upgraded their visit pattern, with many prosecutions that followed.

Pine Man 19:13 11 May 10

Shows that it had impeccable taste although I actually prefer KFC chicken to their chips.

In answer to ronalddonalds question - of course I will continue to eat KFC and I doubt that this 'expose' will seriously affect their customer base.

I doubt that there aren't many restaurants that haven't had a pest problem in the past and will continue to do so in the future despite their best endeavours to stop it.

al's left peg 21:15 11 May 10

I won't eat food from them and I won't let my kids either. The hygiene standards are appaling given that they are not even cooking anything in real terms. Most of the stuff comes in big chilled boxes prepared off site and just heated up at the branch. The branches are also mainly franchised outlets same as Macdonalds, which means its profit at all costs. The amount of food these serve, tied in with long opening hours they should be inspected weekly in my opinion.

john 52 21:40 11 May 10

Ronald donald

Think about this !! you have no connection with a Hamburger chain do you :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…