who is it ?????

cable-ties 19:52 05 Oct 04

just who is it that keeps winning all the p.c.a. competition prizes. i keep having a go and what do i get? nothing. if you could all do me a favour and not enter any for the next couple of months i would be very grateful. i dont want a lot. just to say " i won " i dont care if its a pencil. a prize is a prize.

while i am on. have you ever tried reading posts in different ways. for example. is the above angry or moany or even tongue in cheek :-)

stalion 20:13 05 Oct 04

it's tounge in cheek but you really would like to win

paddyjack 20:35 05 Oct 04

how much have you won on the lottery? Better odds here! Anyhow good luck for the next comp.

kev.Ifty 23:41 05 Oct 04

Do you know what ?

That is the best question ever asked on this Forum ever ever!!!!

;-) Kev.

(tongue in cheek)

Forum Editor 23:45 05 Oct 04

by posing as someone else. Over the years I've collected a whole house-full of stuff and it's all mine, mine I tell you!

Now you've really got something to be angry about in a moaney, tongue-in-cheek sort of way.

Dan the Confused 05:17 06 Oct 04

I'm not very good at winning things. The only thing I've ever won was a voucher for a jar of 'Dorito Dippas', it was in a packet of crisps I bought (presumably Doritos). When I went to the supermarket to claim my free prize they told me the voucher was out of date so I had to pay for it. Oh well :(

georgemac 06:44 06 Oct 04

I won a forum competition once in the early days - if I recall it was a £100 voucher to use for pc parts - bought me a 20 gbyte hard drive I think - how things change - get a 120 gbyte for half that price now!

so keep trying - there is always hope - I do not consider myself lucky when it comes to competitions.

you are OK with me - I always forget to enter.

€dstowe 07:06 06 Oct 04

A friend of my parents used to work for radio Luxemburg (remember that?) Anyway, they had many competitions but in its later days, the audience for the station dwindled such that quite often there would be few or no entrants in the competitions so, this friend got her boyfriend to enter and, very often he won. Their competition-won house was almost completely furnished with competition prizes and they had several exotic foreign holidays every year.

MidgetMan 09:06 06 Oct 04

I am the sort of person that wins the booby prize in every raffle even if I buy all the tickets!!!, remember once I thought I had won a super prize in the daily mail on one of there "everyone wins something" promos, turned out I had the wrong days number!!!.

Bit miffed the FE wins everything though, perhaps he could share??

It's Me 12:16 06 Oct 04

Rarely win anything except the occasional £10 on the lottery which I daren't stop now.

A just married son had got back from a visit to London and had a copy of the Underground map on his desk. Local Radio competition re Lion King prize so he phoned in and the question was give as many London Underground stations as poss. in a minute, he won. His wife, on the way to work was tuned into the same station and thought the voice was only vaguely familier and although they gave his name it didn't connect.

They had a super, all expenses paid 2 weeks in Kenya.

Arthur Scrimshaw 12:25 06 Oct 04

Well I never, ever win anything but to prove the exception I just won a car !!

Stupid thing is that I don't remember entering the competion, but I'm not complaining.

Keep trying -

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…