Who decides?

The Brigadier 12:39 23 Nov 06

So who decides when a thread should be closed?

Is it fair that the FE makes the Editorial decision to shut down a thread. Or should it be the person who started the subject in the first place?

It's a general view and not aimed at just 1 person.

dagbladet 12:42 23 Nov 06

Given that FE is the Editor, then surely by nature of the job description he has editorial rights.

spikeychris 12:52 23 Nov 06

"Or should it be the person who started the subject in the first place?"

How could that possibly work?

This is a privately owned website, PCA have editorial control.

TOPCAT® 13:00 23 Nov 06

it's up to the originator of the thread to close it. The FE steps in at times to block further postings in certain threads if he considers it prudent to do so. Many threads in all our forums are left open and it would certainly be helpful, especially in the Helproom, if originators could remember to do this. TC.

Pamy 13:02 23 Nov 06

Not quite sure what you mean Brigadier, when the question has been answered to the questioners satifaction they are requested to tick it as "resolved". The FE usually allows it to stay there for a long time as others still add help.

I would assume that FE would remove the question/answer if not appropriate,(in his sole view) and eventually it will dissapear from availabillity after about 10 pages.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:16 23 Nov 06

It is fairly obvious even to those unfortunate enough to have little brains or common sense. The rules of the forum may give a clue to the clueless and the title 'editor' gives more clues. I fear you may not win any murder mysteries or crossword competitions.../sigh

As you really should know if you are older than 5, it is better for one person to make decisions than a committee. I'm off to watch the paint dry.

G

Belatucadrus 13:33 23 Nov 06

I've seen forums with a looser editorial control degenerate into petty and vitriolic flame wars over the most insignificant comments. I may not always agree with FE, but much prefer his policing methods to the alternative.

ezypcy 13:41 23 Nov 06

Calm down GANDALF <|:-<>) ,you sound like the victim
from one of your beloved 'Murder She Said' parties!

Got one lined up for Christmas yet?

BigRik 13:44 23 Nov 06

Bah! Humbug! probably.

BigRik 13:49 23 Nov 06

My post meaning, "Got a comment lined up for Christmas yet?" as opposed to the way you asked it!

Sethhaniel 14:21 23 Nov 06

.......floating through the ceiling ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…