White vans

bremner 11:14 16 Feb 06

Yesterday at 4.45am I drove along the south section of the M25 onto M20 to Ashford in the most appalling weather. Heavy, driving, rain, large amounts of surface water and extremely poor visibility. I was averaging less than 50mph. I was passed by no more than 3 or 4 cars on the whole journey, none of which I would describe as reckless.

I was however passed by at least 20 white vans all doing at least 20-30 mph more than I was.

Are these vehicles fitted with the latest GPS/Radar/Proximity devices? Are they a mass of computerised electronics allowing their drivers to effective see through the haze safe in the knowledge that the road ahead is clear?

Are the vehicles fitted with advanced computer controlled anti aquaplaning regulators? Are the brakes and steering computer enhanced to prevent skidding?

Or is it cybernetics? Are the drivers cybernauts who have had computer controlled bionic implants to enhance their sight and reflexes?

Is this a government conspiracy to build superhumans driving super vehicles as a consequence of computer advances?

…………or is it that the drivers have simply had full frontal lobotomies.

We deserve to be told.

Totally-braindead 11:17 16 Feb 06

They were actually computer controlled hovercraft with all the latest radar controlled systems cunningly designed to look like a standard white van.

I surprised you had to ask.

Jackcoms 11:25 16 Feb 06

"or is it that the drivers have simply had full frontal lobotomies"

And therein lies the problem. You won't get any sensible answers from the drivers.

watchful 11:25 16 Feb 06

been suspicious of white vans ever since one was spotted in our area kidnapping pet cats :o(

bremner 11:59 16 Feb 06

You may be right because I could see little or no contact between their wheels and the road surface.

Starfox 12:42 16 Feb 06

Got so fed up of hearing all this aggro about white vans I painted mine red.:o)

spuds 12:58 16 Feb 06

All these 'white vans' have all the latest technology, but one bit of technology that hasn't been invented is the 'non-RTA' system.

Human factor + metal usually make a very poor second in respect of wood. Tree's nearly always win.Grim fact but true.

stalion 13:17 16 Feb 06

white vans,the long base ones are always bombing down the motorways at 80 or 90 miles an hour as for some of the drivers no comment.

Totally-braindead 13:18 16 Feb 06

Starfox you've taken yourself out of the equation by your actions.

Its a well known fact that white vans run at 30 miles per hour faster than anything else on the road, so by painting it red you've slowed it down.

wiz-king 13:27 16 Feb 06

it is often parked not speeding click here

Chegs ®™ 15:11 16 Feb 06

Interesting that the van side declares "No Fix-No Fee" Perhaps it should also say "No Penalties Paid Either"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…