Whilst your clearing snow....

folsom 12:23 18 Dec 09

Whilst no doubt a lot of you are snowed in, i thought i would share with you what i have done today......MOWN THE LAWNS, yes i gave all my lawns(6) a cut today which should last until the next growing season starts around April.

Brilliant sunshine here in Cornwall

Quickbeam 12:50 18 Dec 09

Normally mentioning the lawn being mown wouldn't be of too much interest...;)

canarieslover 13:19 18 Dec 09

Today I love my garden. It looks just the same as next door's and they spend many hours a week tending it. Snow is great!!

Hercule Marple 10:56 19 Dec 09

Nooooooooo, just leave it where it is. It'll melt eventually. Relax...................

Chegs ®™ 11:11 19 Dec 09

My only gardening job lately is try and evict the moles that have decided to relocate from the grass verge outside my house.I have run out of paint thinners which were very effective at clearing them and am using paraffin instead.Any pungent substance does,simply locate a burrow and pour a few drops in,then plug the hole and leave for a few hours before treading the raised areas of lawn down.On the farm I used to work years ago,we used mothballs to clear moles from the cattle fields as the cattle could break a leg if they fell through the tunnels.

Grey Goo 11:16 19 Dec 09

Just chuck some old Beer on the grass and it will come up half cut. Boom Boom.

ened 16:05 19 Dec 09

The trouble with Cornwall is that snow is so rare that when they do get it many of them don't know how to drive in it.

I remember standing outside my shop, a couple of years ago, and watching some of the antics with amazement.

I lost count of the number of times cars were sliding through the red traffic light junction with the wheels locked!

peter99co 17:31 19 Dec 09

I think in 1963 there was a bit of a Snowstorm in Cornwall.

Condom 19:56 19 Dec 09

when it snowed my dad who was anything but a gardener always used to say his garden looked as good as next doors who spent hour after hour tending it. He had a point.

morddwyd 08:18 20 Dec 09

I can remember seeing the sea frozen at Mawgan Porth near Newquay in 63.

Wasn't exactly the Arctic Ocean, just some cliff spray and rock pools, but it's the only time I've ever seen it, and that includes a winter spent in the Falklands!

shellship 15:33 20 Dec 09

I wish the snow would go from my lawn. As the multitude of rabbits can't get at the grass they are attacking what is left of my roses - again!! Even standing on their back legs to do it. And they move too quickly for me to despatch them with an air rifle.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…