Which is your most important software?

rawprawn 17:04 16 May 08

Excluding any OS that you are running,and AV or Firewalls. Which of all the add on software do you find most useful?

My vote goes to Acronis True Image.
Being an inveterate tinkerer, I need it from to time to reverse any of my, hmm, shall we call them slips?
What are yours, we may all learn something.

Earthsea 17:07 16 May 08

Firefox.

Jak_1 17:12 16 May 08

My VPN, without it I could not transfer HQ images securely to prospective publishers who use the same software. Fast, reliable and no chance of my pictures being highjacked.

jimv7 17:13 16 May 08

Nero 7 / Firefox

MAT ALAN 17:26 16 May 08

click here

i still use version 9, without this i'd have been in the POO!!! a couple of times, it has served and saved me well...

csqwared 17:29 16 May 08

Acronis for me too, although I'm still running version 8 but it does what I want and, like mat alan, has rescued me from the proverbial on more than one occasion.

rawprawn 17:31 16 May 08

Snap!

pj123 17:48 16 May 08

For me it is xxclone.

It is free and I use it to clone my C drive about every 3 months.

Second to that is Maxblast 5 which does the same thing but you do need to have at least one maxtor hard disc drive installed.

All of my hard disc drives are Maxtor so I don't have any problems.

MAT ALAN 17:50 16 May 08

Its a good topic rawprawn and i'm sure it will show that you really don't need the latest edition of anything to give you piece of mind....

for me anyway i will stick with the tried and tested..

Kemistri 18:02 16 May 08

Capture One or Notepad++ I think. Hard call to make, but they are my favourites in their respective fields.

Or are you talking specifically about utilities? If so, then I could pick from a few. Syncback, I guess.

Totally-braindead 18:30 16 May 08

Its an impossible question to really answer as how do you choose which piece of software is the most important. I could mention maybe half a dozen essentials, Acronis and Maxblast should certainly get a shout.

Perhaps not my most important but worth mentioning - Ccleaner. Saved me a lot of trouble more than once. And its free.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…