Which websites do you look at on your mobile?

Production Ed 17:47 25 Feb 09

Many thanks to all those who recommended video websites for our Readers' Sites round-up. Our monthly champion is mrwoowoo, who recommended the National Geographic's online video selection (click here), which he described as "amazingly informative". Congratulations, mrwoowoo - if you're around, would you mind getting in touch so we can send you a prize?

Honourable mentions go to rawprawn (Blinkx: click here) and wolfie3000 (Xfire Video: click here).

For our next topic - and to celebrate PC Advisor's soon-to-launch mobile offering (click here) - we're looking for recommendations of websites for use on mobiles.

Which sites do you look at on your phone, PDA or mobile device? What do you like about the site, and what makes it so suitable for mobile use? However, we're not just looking for sites that have been specifically optimised for mobile use: any site that provides a satisfying and useful service, and works well on a mobile, is eligible.

Add your favourite sites, and why you'd recommend them, to this thread or email them to letters@pcadvisor.co.uk to be in with a chance to win our Readers Sites prize.

Thanks
David Price

Si_L 18:05 25 Feb 09

The only website I use my mobile for is to access BBC Sport for the football, tennis, and F1 updates if I'm ever on the move.

Marko797 18:08 25 Feb 09

I'm never so desperate to need the www while I'm out and about, and feel I spend too much time on PCs already...not even to get onto the PCA Forum, which I know is hard to believe.

Toneman 18:10 25 Feb 09

Tried it some time ago on my Nokia but verrrrry slow, gave up...

Woolwell 18:21 25 Feb 09

The problem that I find is that most sites are difficult to view on a mobile. I do use BBC's weather set up for my home town, BBC loca. Sky news and sports using their pda version I find useful.

Clapton is God 18:55 25 Feb 09

I don't look at websites on my mobile.

It's a phone and, oddly enough, I use it for making and receiving phone calls.

canarieslover 18:58 25 Feb 09

None. And so far I seem to be with the majority which is a strange feeling for me.

carver 19:06 25 Feb 09

My daughter did go on it when she first got a mobile, when the bill came in, it was also the last time.

Apart from that you need decent eye sight, the screens are that small.

Kevscar1 19:07 25 Feb 09

I try not to look at the mobile at all. If I didn't need it fo business I wouldn't have one and when I retire it will be thrown as far as possible.

Si_L 19:09 25 Feb 09

If you think that these days a phone is only used for making and receiving calls, you missing out.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:19 25 Feb 09

"If you think that these days a phone is only used for making and receiving calls, you missing out."

Not missing-out on an awfull lot!

I don't see the attraction of a slow, unreliable connection and a tiny screen for web browsing, when at home I can use a fast, reliable, connection and have a 22" screen to look at.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced