Which newspaper do you read and why

bumpkin 21:18 PM 08 Jan 13

I would like to know which newspapers other members read. I buy the Daily Mail but it is all doom and gloom. Aside from that it seems to be getting more like the Sun if you consider that to be a newspaper.

onthelimit1 21:32 PM 08 Jan 13

Torygraph - news for the wife and cryptic crossword for me!

Aitchbee 21:40 PM 08 Jan 13

I used to buy the Guardian, then photocopy the cryptic crossword, so 4 of us [working in a big office/room] could tackle the cryptic crossword together.

I've 'went off' the Metro, lately, 'cos there's no TV Guide anymore.

Flak999 21:44 PM 08 Jan 13

Used to read the Times before it went behind the pay wall, now read the Telegraph on-line on a daily basis and also have a look at the same stories in the Guardian for a bit of balance.

I buy Saturdays Daily Mail, but only because I like their weekly TV listings magazine. I am very cynical about all that I read in the news media and treat most articles with a healthy dose of scepticism until I find them corroborated by multiple reputable sources.

Noldi 21:47 PM 08 Jan 13

Normally only buy Mail on Sunday for the financial section.

bumpkin 21:54 PM 08 Jan 13

Torygraph, I take you mean Telegraph):-

Aitchbee 22:00 PM 08 Jan 13

[Way] before the internet, circa 1960's, our daily paper [The Scottish Daily Record] was delivered by 'George the Paperboy', usually at about 11pm. My Mum and Dad used to race each other to the back of the door to get first look at the 'Horse Racing Section'. Happy Days.

Armchair 22:24 PM 08 Jan 13

I used to buy the Daily Mail to get me through my breaks at work, but I haven't bought any newspapers for a few years now. I browse the Mail Online most days, and the comments are often the best bits.

Quiller. 22:29 PM 08 Jan 13

Same as Armchair. have not bought a newspaper for a few years, same with magazines. All the information you want is on the www.

The last mag I did buy was a PCA one, but unfortunately with the weird background colour and typeface it was virtually unreadable.

Forum Editor 22:54 PM 08 Jan 13

I don't read a newspaper on a regular basis, I rely on news feeds.

wee eddie 23:17 PM 08 Jan 13

As a long-time reader of Private Eye, I have given up on Newspapers but sometimes read the Telegraph, because of Family connections, otherwise getting my News Jag from Radio 4.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites