Which London Hotel for Theatre please?

Cara2 17:59 13 Jul 07

Any recommendations for a nice hotel in London - going to see 'Cabaret'?

Thanks
Cara

pj123 18:28 13 Jul 07

This one is about 1 minute away from the Lyric.

click here

or this one is about 5 minutes away

click here

Both are walking distances.

Forum Editor 18:56 13 Jul 07

Do you have any specific needs/requirements?

Cara2 19:13 13 Jul 07

Well, we are 4 girls and our budget is around £100 pp. A very swish hotel would be nice! Just the best for our budget really, convenient for the threatre. Must be clean.

Sorry to be so vague. Just wondered if anybody had stayed in London recently and thought wow - I will stay there again! I am a bit of a fussy begger I am afraid. Thanks for your suggestions pj123.

Cara

Forum Editor 19:30 13 Jul 07

at the Radisson Edwardian Grafton hotel in Tottenham Court Road. It's a four-star hotel, convenient for the theatres, and would probably suit your budget.

I put an overseas client in there last year, and he was very happy. You need to understand that £100 rooms in the West End are not going to be huge, but this hotel is very comfortable and feels luxurious. There's free wireless broadband access throughout the hotel, but that probably won't be of interest for your stay.

spuds 19:58 13 Jul 07

Just put 'Hotels in London' in a Google search, and you will find many leads including Theatreland.

Cara2 22:15 22 Aug 07

Thanks for your replies.

Just to let you know we are booked into the Thistle Hotel. (Radisson Edwardian Grafton hotel, had some mixed reviews - subjective I know).

I shall let you know if it was a good choice!

Cara

Forum Editor 00:11 23 Aug 07

you'll be comfortable there. Enjoy the show.

jst0076 12:52 23 Aug 07

I didn't see this post earlier so couldn't give this advice, but it may be useful for future reference. Try click here
They basically sell hotel breaks and do a lot of theatre-breaks so can recommend the nearest hotel to a specific theatre. I used to work for them and know that they are so big they have significant influence over the hotels they market, meaning that any hotel advertised on the site cannot sell cheaper elsewhere (even if you go direct). Its best to phone if you need help and advice choosing, but (what with it being a call centre) it can be hit and miss as to whether the person you speak to has any first hand knowledge or not.

Cara2 23:40 25 Aug 07

Thanks for the link jst0076. I shall keep it handy.

Cara

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5