Which free antivirus products have you tried?

PC Advisor 13:47 12 Nov 10

Which free antivirus products have you tried? Have your say in the poll in the lefthand column.

anchor 14:09 12 Nov 10

Having tried both AVG and Avast, I must say my preference is for Avast.

I have no idea which is better for trapping the nasties.

rdave13 14:34 12 Nov 10

Tried Avira, AVG and Avast. Norton a few years ago. Avast comes top for me.

Covergirl 14:40 12 Nov 10

. . . there are 7 free AV products in that list - I thought there were only about 4 including MS Essentials.

AVG has done me for a few years now, no intention to change.

Belatucadrus 14:53 12 Nov 10

I know of twenty available for download at the moment with another two that don't appear to offer English language versions.
Those listed in the survey are the best of them.

sunnystaines 15:01 12 Nov 10

tried AVG did not like it.

tried AVAST it was OK [my 2nd choice AV]

but preferred paid for norton

Armchair 15:01 12 Nov 10

Avast and MSE, but Avast was slowing things down far too much at start-up, so I ditched it.

john 52 15:14 12 Nov 10

3rd AVG

2nd Avast

1st MSE

Belatucadrus 11:33 13 Nov 10

The desktop has avast! which I really like and use to protect the main machine. The laptop I tend to try stuff on and I'm currently testing out Zilya. Thus far seems quite a nice product but with a tendency to over sensitivity has reported some false positives.

jakimo 11:46 13 Nov 10

Tried 3 of those listed,settled for Kaspersky Internet Security....would probably have been just as secure with one of the free variety

Quickbeam 11:57 13 Nov 10

I've used AVG for a few years. At the moment I'm using the free Norton 360 that I got for doing the beta trial, but that doesn't count as a truly free product.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…