Which browser would you choose?

PC Advisor 17:22 29 Jul 09

Microsoft plans to introduce a 'ballot screen' so Windows 7 users (and potentially XP and Vista users too) can choose between five default web browsers when they first connect to the web.

click here

If the plan gets the go ahead, which browser would you choose? Vote in the poll in the sidebar, and use this thread for further feedback.

Huffster 17:31 29 Jul 09

feels odd to feel sorry for Micro$oft, but why should we have to choose a new browser, and they have to do all this work? if I want to use firefox, I will. the eu has a lot to answer for.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:33 29 Jul 09

IE, does what I want and I really cannot be bothered faffing around with browsers; I just want to surf the net not have 4000 brightly cloured window tabs open at once or a gazillion apps running, nor do I want to turn into a browser geek.

G

rdave13 17:45 29 Jul 09

IE for me. One other browser for backup in case IE has a wobbly. (Firefox)

Stuartli 17:59 29 Jul 09

Firefox.

Stuartli 18:00 29 Jul 09

Just voted.

That will upset Microsoft...:-)

Stuartli 18:01 29 Jul 09

..the upset would not be the fact that I've voted, but the Firefox percentage...:-)

Mr Mistoffelees 18:17 29 Jul 09

I prefer Opera but, I would choose IE first, for those few sites that don't work in Opera, then install Opera afterwards.

cream. 19:13 29 Jul 09

I'm sticking with chrome.
Does what I want.

interzone55 20:20 29 Jul 09

Chrome works for me on almost everything except my Learn Direct course, which only seems to work in IE, and only then about 50% of the time...

Stuartli 20:23 29 Jul 09

So it really should be termed Learn Indirect..:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac