Where will it all end...

Grey Goo 14:01 15 Sep 08

To cap all the financial gloom there is now talk of the £4.00 pint of Stella Artois amongst others.

Clapton is God 14:09 15 Sep 08

So what's the problem?

Go to Wetherspoons where you can still buy a pint of REAL ale for less than £2.50.

Why pay any sort of money for fizzy tasteless gnat's urine?

peter99co 14:37 15 Sep 08

At £2.50 a pint for Real Ale they can keep it.

It is no wonder the Pubs are going out of business

dagbladet 14:46 15 Sep 08

...and "REAL" ale is warm and flat and smells of my grandads underpants (I just know).

tullie 15:56 15 Sep 08

If your pints warm and flat,suggest you change pubs

Clapton is God 16:40 15 Sep 08

.... and if you're into smelling your granddad's underpants, I suggest that you may want to look for an alternative hobby.

dagbladet 19:47 15 Sep 08

It's not a hobby, it's care.

Grey Goo 19:55 15 Sep 08
  oresome 19:58 15 Sep 08

To add flavour to the 'gnats urine', you can add a shot of lime for around 40p. A rip off if ever there was one.

Some of Wetherspoons customers are a little offputting, but the buildings can be interesting, often converted from something that was once much grander.

peter99co 20:15 15 Sep 08

Part of the cost of a beer goes to the upkeep of the PUB but I would think £4 is likely to put off even drinkers with deep pockets. Does anyone dare to buy a round these days? I packed in when we had to stump up a £1 for four pints of bitter.

Grey Goo 20:56 15 Sep 08

Reminds me of the joke:
"What's the difference between a .....man and a Coconut"

"You can get a drink out of a Coconut"

(fill in the missing word as your prejudice dictates)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…