Where has everybody gone?

Nontek 20:18 PM 22 Sep 12
Answered

Just checked last Posts in Threads ....

Helproom ........ 2 Hrs ago. Beginners ....... 3 Hrs ago. Consumer Advice.. 6 Hrs ago.

Don't think I have ever seen the Site so empty!

onthelimit1 20:21 PM 22 Sep 12

I'm still here!

onthelimit1 20:22 PM 22 Sep 12

Perhaps they're all out looking for more falling space debris!

rdave13 20:23 PM 22 Sep 12
  Forum Editor 20:23 PM 22 Sep 12

It's just past 8 o'clock on Saturday night. Everyone's watching X Factor, or having a drink, or eating out, or doing something else. Lots of people are browsing around the site at the moment, perhaps they don't see a topic that interests them - why don't you start one?

lotvic 20:24 PM 22 Sep 12

Site was down according to http://www.isup.me/ when I tried earlier.

Nontek 20:26 PM 22 Sep 12

FE

I thought I just had ...

woodchip 20:47 PM 22 Sep 12

I jumped ship about 2 hour ago as pages would not respond, I have since had to turn off Java script in Browser to enable me to do anything on the site

Forum Editor 20:47 PM 22 Sep 12
Answer

Perhaps you have.

You're right about the forum being quiet, and I think that apart from the Saturday night effect it may partly be due to the way the site seemed to slow to a crawl for a while. It does often seem to happen at weekends, and Without looking at the server logs I don't have a sensible answer I'm afraid.

We appear to have speeded up somewhat now.

simonjary 22:03 PM 22 Sep 12

Hi, everyone.

Site appears to have lost half its normal traffic between 6-7pm.

No idea why right now. It could be another mass spam attempt battering our defences.

Or, er, something else. We'll investigate.

Condom 22:12 PM 22 Sep 12

Simonjary

I think you have had the decorators in again as today is like watching paint drying. It has taken over 10 minutes to log in and page changes are taking more than 1 minute. I think you have driven people back to their TV's ;-)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 review: Hands on with the £239 OnePlus Two '2016 flagship killer'

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…