When you have time spare, visit Alrewas

Bingalau 20:14 04 Apr 10

This place is well worth putting on your list of "Days Out". Meanwhile read something about it here. Sorry about it being from The Daily Mail which a lot of people on here seem to detest, but I hope they can bring themselves to read it.

click here

rdave13 20:34 04 Apr 10

Thank you Bingalau.
Hopefully my son's name will not be engraved there.

Kevscar1 08:38 05 Apr 10

fourm member

but every newspaper would put that in if it was them that had done it.

Monoux 08:48 05 Apr 10

fourm member-- This is a sensitive thread posted by a respected member of this forum -- why can't you just lay off for once rather than always want to be right.

muddypaws 10:00 05 Apr 10

Visted Alrewas two years ago on the way to the Lake District. The car park wasn't quite finished, but the memorials were outstanding.
Recommend it to everyone.

Pine Man 11:15 05 Apr 10

'Well done. Another positive contribution.'

...and your contribution to this topic of 'Alrewas' was.....a rant about the Daily Mail. Keep up the 'good work'!

jakimo 11:34 05 Apr 10

"To me, it's almost as though they are glad that people are getting killed in Afghanistan because it gives them something to use to promote themselves".

Is there nothing you wont say to bring notice to yourself

Pine Man 12:04 05 Apr 10

Apology accepted.

Monoux 12:08 05 Apr 10

Bingalau -- My posting was an attempt to get fourm member to show some respect and I'm sorry he has chosen not to, and that this has led to your thread being hijacked.

Monoux 12:14 05 Apr 10

fourm member-- " Fine. I apologise " you should have left it there but you just couldn't resist the
" I shouldn't have bothered " potshot could you which completely negates your apology.

Bingalau 12:18 05 Apr 10

Monoux. Don't lose any sleep over it, I'm sure I won't... I suppose it would be o.k if it was a different newspaper with a different class of readers, which chivvied up the building of the memorial.

I've been to the memorial a couple of times and found it is a good day out. A very peaceful place and ideal for a quiet "Walk in the Park" type of day out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5