'When in Rome'...

Quickbeam 13:52 15 Jan 08

click here Yes I know it's contentious, but we're not shrinking violets are we?

My view is, if you object this strongly, your principles should stop you working for for what is after all a shop of Jewish origin.

I do wonder if the person concerned has deliberately orchestrated this event?

I'm going to work now...

sunny staines 14:01 15 Jan 08

he should be sacked or moved to shelf stacking only but more problems re stacking books.

lisa02 14:24 15 Jan 08

"My view is, if you object this strongly, your principles should stop you working for for what is after all a shop of Jewish origin."

I agree.

sunny staines lots of their products (produce) are imported from Israel so I wouldn't move them to the food hall either.

Maybe a move to collecting trolleys would be better.

interzone55 14:33 15 Jan 08

That link doesn't want to work here, can you give me a quick outline

lisa02 14:45 15 Jan 08

Muslim worker in M&S Reading refused to sell a child's Bible stories book as it was unclean. Customer feels hurt and embarassed.

Jimmy14 14:56 15 Jan 08

That incident is totally unacceptable. I wonder if a christian went to a muslim country, got a job in a supermarket and refused to sell a koran to a muslim. Would that happen? I doubt it. The person involved should be sacked immediately.

lisa02 15:00 15 Jan 08

The assistant was fine touching the other stuff the lady was buying though, as in your link fourm member.

interzone55 15:09 15 Jan 08

This is clearly unacceptable, especially as Islam teaches tolerance for other religions, read this interesting article on the subject click here

This does remind me of a girl in my local co-op who will not touch alcohol, if you want to buy any you have to wait for another till, or if there is noone you have to pass the bottles across the scanner yourself. I don't think she's a Muslim, she's white and doesn't wear a head-dress. Perhaps she doesn't want to server alcohol she shouldn't work in an off-licence.

interzone55 15:11 15 Jan 08

Excuse the poor grammar in my last post, some has clearly move the keys on my keyboard around.

The last sentence should read -
Perhaps if she doesn't want to serve alcohol she shouldn't work in an off licence

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:24 15 Jan 08

If the shop assistant does not want to do parts of her job, for which she will have signed a contract, she is perfectly at liberty to resign and If she does not like living in a country where Christians practice, she has the freedom to leave whenever she wants to.
She will benefit from the protection of the State and from help is she is out of work, so she can jolly well accept our ways or naff off elsewhere.

G

Bingalau 15:40 15 Jan 08

Gandalf.. The expression should be "naff orff" (right Royal one), but on this occasion I think the shop manager should be a bit more forceful and tell her to....
Maybe the FE is about so I will leave it to the imagination what the manager/ess should say.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017