when firefox 4 finel to be released?

Jwbjnwolf 19:26 08 Dec 10

I am waiting for th finel, complete version of firefox 4 to be released before going back to firefox, anyone know when they gonna release the finel version?
i think it is late december, am i right?

mr simon 21:43 08 Dec 10

Early 2011 is the word on the street.

Though if Mozilla push it back it certainly wouldn't be the first time.

Jwbjnwolf 10:53 09 Dec 10

I really hope it will be out soon.

mr simon 11:05 09 Dec 10

What is wrong with the current Firefox?

tullie 11:17 09 Dec 10

Nothing wrong with the current Firefox,as far as i am aware,dont know why people have to automaticaly change what theyve got thinking that its a new super dooper version.

Quickbeam 11:28 09 Dec 10

I hope the Windows 95 replacement also comes out in January...

mr simon 12:46 09 Dec 10

That was in essence my point. The current version of Firefox is great, I would only be twiddling my thumbs waiting for version 4 if the current version was bad.

Bear in mind too jwarn, that Firefox is completely free. They are well within their rights to never release another update.

Jwbjnwolf 13:50 09 Dec 10

I love the current one but uninstalled it for some unknown reason a little time back.
when firefox 4 is out, i then will be getting firefox again as i like to have the newest version unless it ain't that good.
And i quite like the new interface.
If i installed the current version, i would then be installing firefox 4 over that so thats why im gonna wait til they bring out the 4.
Yes, thinking of it, after the finel release of 4 is out, probly will be nowhere to get the current one so i will download it and keep the installation file on usb stick or something but, i will wait to see what 4 is like before installing.

dagbladet 15:22 09 Dec 10

Out of curiosity i dowloaded ff4 beta. It seems fine. Not sure if it's drastically better than 3.x.x but i'll play with it a bit longer.

Jwbjnwolf 17:31 09 Dec 10

I tryed the beta but like most beta programs it didn't seem very stable but that should be sussed in the full version.

dagbladet 18:29 09 Dec 10

doesn't seem to be any instability here. Should be good for netbooks. Less wasted space above and below the web page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…