When did limiting posts become forum policy?

Chronos the 2nd 08:25 01 Sep 13

I received this when I wanted to post into a thread after starting two myself this morning.

I assume I have managed to miss the thread that would have explained why this was now forum policy. Could someone post a link to it? I can assure you that this is not a spurious request as I have looked in the Forum rules and can find no mention of it.

But it seems odd that you are being restricted to helping two people once,or one person twice in a 60 minute period. Something I have never come across before.

onthelimit1 08:48 01 Sep 13

Well, I've never seen that before, and I have regularly posted more than two an hour. Will wait and see what the hierarchy have to say.

Chronos the 2nd 08:57 01 Sep 13

So have I hence the question.

Jwbjnwolf 08:58 01 Sep 13

I think the website is getting grumpy cus can't keep up with the posts xD

bremner 09:00 01 Sep 13

It may be to prevent multiple spam postings

Jwbjnwolf 09:09 01 Sep 13

I can only assume that how they do it is put that limit on these accounts that go around spam posting.

Not saying you do, and I not seen you do chronos but that's they only thing I can think of.

fourm member 09:15 01 Sep 13

Seems good sense to me.

Spammers often post to every forum at the same time.

And, as for announcing it, why would you? What's the point in telling people what anti-spam measures you're using so that spammers can work out how to get round them?

wiz-king 09:25 01 Sep 13

Brumas found it Friday evening - cause chaos with his postcards!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:59 01 Sep 13

2 New threads not posts to other threads.

Can see its to limit spammers, we have had instances usually at weekends with hundreds of football threads blocking the forums.

Mr Mistoffelees 10:16 01 Sep 13

Any reasonable step, and this is reasonable, to keep spammers at bay is fine by me. Anyway, at my average of 17.06 threads per year, it's not going to have any significant impact on my thread posting habits!

Jwbjnwolf 10:29 01 Sep 13

Anyone noticed the browser is IE by any chance? XD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…