What's your memory like?

Bingalau 18:46 15 Aug 09

It seems there is a competition which I could easily come last in. A bit like Brumas's postcard competition on Friday nights. Click on link for details...

click here

My memory is rubbish now. But I like this joke...

Memory man
Dave the Scouser is touring America on holiday and stops in a remote bar in the hills of Nevada. He's chatting to the barman when he spies an old Indian sitting in a corner-complete with full tribal gear, long plaits and wrinkles. "Who's he?" asks Dave. "That's the Memory Man," says the barman. "He knows everything. He can remember any fact. Go and try him out." So Dave wanders over and asks: "Who won the 1965 FA Cup Final?" "Liverpool," replies the Memory Man. The tourist is amazed: "Who did they beat?" "Leeds," comes the reply. "And the score?" "2-1." Dave tries something more specific: "Who scored the winning goal?" The Indian does not even blink: "Ian St John." The Liverpudlian returns home and regales his relatives and friends with his tale, and he's determined to return and pay his respects to this amazing man. Ten years later he has saved enough money and returns to America. After weeks of searching through the towns of Nevada, Dave finds the Memory Man in a cave in the mountains. The Scouser steps forward, bows and greets the Indian in his traditional native tongue: "How." The Memory Man squints at him and says: "Diving header in the six-yard box."

dagnammit 19:00 15 Aug 09

I always have trouble remembering faces, nearly every time we are out someone will say "Hi, how are you?" "not seen you in a while" and I answer like I know them but the reality is I haven't got a clue.

My wife says I either never listen to her or have a serious bad memory as I never can recall what she's waffled, sorry, told me a half an hour ago.

I have a very good memory for fact, figures and useless trivia.

tullie 19:08 15 Aug 09

Should have asked him last time Liverpool won the League title,that would have stumped him, lol

SB23 19:09 15 Aug 09

My problem is with peoples names. I very often have to be reminded a few times before it sinks in, lol!
As for things like dagnammit has mentioned, I surprise myself, but the useless trivia I come up with, really annoys my wife, what can I say, I just can't help it. I mean, most of it was important once, wasn't it? lol!

Bingalau 19:26 15 Aug 09

tullie. As an Evertonian I agree with you. But I have just been watching the hiding they are getting from Arsenal on the box. So I am now going away for one of my famous sulks.... Actually I am going to the club for a laugh and a joke I hope.

laurie53 19:32 15 Aug 09

Names are easy, it's remembering why you came upstairs, or what you're doing in the garden which is the problem.

You can only go to the loo, or pull a few weeds, on the off chance so many times!

bluto1 19:35 15 Aug 09

I can't remember what this post is about, but i remember liking the joke;-)))

birdface 19:42 15 Aug 09

Shower Memory.
The wife wonders why it takes me about half an hour to have a shower.
I always have the same routine.
1st. Wash my Body.
2nd.wash my legs and feet.
3rd. Wash my face and neck
Then thats when the problems start.
I cant remember if I washed my legs and feet so do that again.Then cant remember if i did my face and neck so do that again.
4th.wash and rinse my hair.And by the time I have rinsed it I cant remember if I put shampoo on it or not so do it again.
5th just to be on the safe side I do it all again.
Its funny because I always remember if anyone owes me any money or not.

Clapton is God 19:52 15 Aug 09

And then there are the 'senior' moments.

Or, in my case, geriatric moments.

I got in from work the other day, took my shoes off at the other door and went upstairs to change out of my suit.

I threw my jacket on the bed, took my socks off and wandered across the bedroom to put said socks into the linen basket.

Without thinking, I walked straight past the linen basket, into the shower room and threw my socks into the toilet bowl ....

Mr Mistoffelees 19:58 15 Aug 09

Many are the times I have gone to the kitchen to make a cup of tea for my partner and I then gone back to the PC to wait for the tea to brew. Ten minutes later I suddenly remember what I was doing.....

The water is cooling nicely in the kettle and the mugs are still dry with a teabag in the bottom!

caccy 19:59 15 Aug 09

Hurray you've all proved that I'm normal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…