What's your favourite website for nights out?

David Price 12:08 30 Apr 10

Thanks to everyone who contributed to our discussion of environmentally friendly websites last month (click here). Our new Readers' Sites champ is ella33, who recommended the site FreeRice (click here) and wins a Trust surround-sound headset. Congratulations ella33.

Our next prize is an Apacer media player, and our next topic is 'going out'. Which sites are best for finding brilliant restaurants and pubs, nightclubs and bars, and for recommending evening entertainment of all kinds?

To be in with a chance of winning the Apacer media player, simply add your favourite website, and your reasons, to this thread. Alternatively, you can email them to [email protected].

Good luck!
David Price
PCA

babybell 12:54 30 Apr 10

I use this website:

click here

They have a chain of sites for quite a few cities.

No matter what type of night you want, hen & stag, romantic etc etc, its all covered on these sites.

ella33 14:45 30 Apr 10

(Thanks so much for the prize, which I have been informed is on it's way) :-)

Sadly, rather low on funds at present but I like theatre or shows, and of course going in groups makes it more reasonable. I like this website
for shows in London.
click here

sunnystaines 14:52 30 Apr 10

we find this one useful

click here

Uboat 15:46 30 Apr 10

Ive used this for a while..has all the spots in the uk!

click here

Woolwell 16:14 30 Apr 10

The restaurant guide click here
Tripadvisor has some reasonable restaurant reviews but unfortunately seems to get only those who want to moan.

For eating out in Devon this site is quite good click here

Pineman100 12:16 01 May 10

I've used this site on many occasions. It allows you to select your area of the country, the date(s) that interest you and the kind of event you want to search for. Very useful.

click here

Clapton is God 16:53 01 May 10

What are "nights out"?

Do people still exist who can spare the time for those?

Quickbeam 09:06 02 May 10

Looks like we need to get out more...

If someone rings to see if I'm going out, I say 'yeah, see you in the pub, bye'.

bristolsteve1 13:43 08 May 10

Great website for finding pubs, with an easy and comprehensive filter so you quickly find suitable pubs - or pubcrawls- wherever you are visiting. Absolutely, hic, superb!

Seth Haniel 08:35 10 May 10

click here

for entertainment

click here

for food and drink

I believe in putting the money back into local businesses :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…