What's your favourite travel blog?

Production Ed 11:40 08 May 08

Thanks to all the readers who suggested their favourite sports websites for our Readers' Sites section.

For recommending Soccerbase, "the perfect site for football statisticians", PCA forum member paulgodd wins the July Gold award and a copy of Magix MP3 Maker 12.0. Congratulations paulgodd.

As the summer approaches, we'd like to look at travel blogs. Whose online travel diaries do you enjoy, and why? Is the writer or the travel destination more important? Do you look for pictorial blogs, detailed advice on hotels and points of interest or general 'colour' writing? Big or small, famous or obscure, we're interested in all of your recommended websites.

Recommendations can be added to this thread or emailed to [email protected].

Thanks for your input!

David Price
PC Advisor

Newuser38 11:58 08 May 08

I dont use, dont know any travel blogs, but find that click here contains a lot of helpful information on countries and hotels contributed by members.

A check against countries and locations I know well confirms it as a helpful site for example members identified a hotel in Barbados as not finished when it was still being sold by some well known companies.

georgemac © 13:20 08 May 08

I don't really use any travel blogs either. Our favourite holiday destination is Florida, and this site is the best one by miles for information on Orlando and has lots of great information click here - also has a fabulous forum where some other PCA members also post.

I also use tripadvisor if looking at hotels - reviews are useful.

Seth Haniel 14:22 08 May 08

click here

for up to the minute news of your travel locations with down to earth appraisals.

About their blog from their site:-
"With 326 Authors, 173 countries, and 400 travel-loving staff. We're using our network to bring you the best in travel blogging - buzz-word events, breaking news, tough travel, odd corners and the world's craziest kitsch"

First blog to check for your holiday destination, every time.

redandwhite 09:54 09 May 08

I like the Telegraph travel blogs and also those in the IHT. Both offer great variation and in-depth coverage of topical issues (like the Terminal 5 fiasco).

Bingalau 11:02 09 May 08

Just a small bit of information for the production editor, that may be correct and then again may not be. Both of the last winners of the Magix MP3 Maker 12.0 have received Magix MP3 Maker 14.0 instead. I assume this a later model than the 12.0? Good luck to the winner of this little competition anyway.

Covergirl 12:48 09 May 08

Run out of freebie v.14 but got a few v.12's left from last year . . .

Jak_1 14:03 09 May 08

I find this one interesting to read, it is linked to 'Thealcudiaguide.com'

click here

Newuser38 10:37 16 Jun 08

Its time for a green tick now its published in the PCA.
On Trip Advisor I have never seen the unofficial site mentioned, but the site I know is a good site because it is users' views.

Lonely Planet is obviously I should look at.

crosstrainer 10:59 16 Jun 08

This site is a comprehensive and informative resource with photo's info etc all in one place:

click here

I planned my trip to New Zealand using many of the resources here...(can't go now due to DVT :( )

But an excellent site for anyone planning such an adventure.

Production Ed 16:20 16 Jun 08

Thanks for all your suggestions and recommendations, and for the information concerning the prize. As subscribers will already know, Seth Haniel won this month's copy of MP3 Maker 14.0 (and the associated glory) for recommending Lonely Planet. Congratulations Seth Haniel!

We're looking at podcasts next - we'd love to hear your recommendations.

click here

Thanks everyone
David Price
PCA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…