What’s your favourite social networking service?

PC Advisor 16:25 04 Jan 12

We want to know what your favourite social networking service is.

Vote in our poll here.

Condom 16:47 04 Jan 12

I use Microsoft Messenger which to me is a Social Networking Service and still the best. I must say I am very surprised that it is not included on your list. Are you anti Microsoft?

pnakotus 20:20 04 Jan 12

Voted "another service."

Disappointed that Diaspora wasn't a listed option, they may be the underdog but they've definitely thrown their hat into the ring.

ams4127 20:26 04 Jan 12

The barman in my local pub.

And I am not joking. If you want to know what's going on, who's doing what to who and why, he's the guy to ask.

I do not have a Facebook account. I do not twit. I only use Google for search and for email (their spam filters are second to none).

I read The Times each day and watch TV news.

What more information do I need?

Quickbeam 08:40 05 Jan 12

Light entertainment from here?

ams4127 17:18 05 Jan 12

fourm member

I am not trying to be funny or clever here but, since I have never read a "blog", would you please explain the difference between a "daily blog" and "writing a diary".

Incidentally, where did the word "blog" come from?

badgery 17:27 05 Jan 12

ams1247

"Web Log"

Google is your friend!!

Forum Editor 18:03 05 Jan 12

Condom

"I use Microsoft Messenger which to me is a Social Networking Service"

No it isn't.

"Are you anti Microsoft?"

No, we're not.

ams4127 19:44 05 Jan 12

fourm member

Thanks for clearing that up.

Once again I am not trying to be rude in any way, but surely one must be fairly conceited to believe that anyone else would be interested in one's daily thoughts?

Ah well, perhaps I am just too old these days!

STREETWORK 22:13 05 Jan 12

I frequently use the local pub for social networking...

Condom 00:14 06 Jan 12

FE If Messenger is not considered to be a Social Networking site then what is it considered to be? I do virtually all my chatting and communication with friends etc on Messenger as well as sending photos , mail and just about anything else.

I'm not trying to start an argument but I am really interested in how others would see Messenger.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced