What's your favourite jobs site?

Production Ed 16:29 09 Jul 09

Many thanks to those who suggested free online games for this month's Readers' Sites.

It was, predictably, a fun month for your humble compiler, but the standout contribution was Boomshine (click here), proposed by forum member bluesbrother. We've been unsuccessful in contacting bluesbrother by email, so could you holler if you're about? There's a prize in it for you.

We were also impressed by Lightning Break (click here), suggested by dukeboxhero, and Space Game (click here), suggested by MAT.

This month's theme is rather less fun, but highly significant in these economically troubled times: job sites.

What's your favourite job-search site, or at least the one you've used most often, or with most success? Do you rate the quality of the quantity of employment opportunities it offers, or do you just find it easy to use?

Tangential and related sites are welcome too. Post your recommendation, and reasons, below for a chance to see your name in PC Advisor magazine, or even win a great prize.

Shyer readers can email recommendations to [email protected].

Thanks
David Price
PCA

MAT ALAN 18:19 09 Jul 09

click here

Hi david, i have used this in the past and actually obtained the job i am in now from it...

Clapton is God 18:34 09 Jul 09

Reed

Easy to navigate and they advertise jobs from many sources other than just Reed.

You can also set up e-mail alerts

OTT_Buzzard 18:43 09 Jul 09

click here

Lots of jobs, good search criteria dn easy to navigate. Pretty well every job I've had in the last 10 years has been through this site.

Confab 19:43 09 Jul 09

I lost my job at the beginning of last year – I’ve since found a much better job and certainly enjoy it more than the last. During the time that I was out of work I had quite a bit of experience with Job-search websites, in fact I joined up to just about every one out there. For what it’s worth I’ll pass on few tips for people who are currently looking for work.

Update your C.V. on the site at least once a week – recruiters who are looking for prospective employees will often only search for recently uploaded C.V.’s so if yours hasn’t been updated you might miss out on that perfect Job.

Some of the positions advertised don’t exist – I’ve had this confirmed by more than one recruiter. You’ll see the same type of job being advertised over and over again. It’s a ploy to get you to sign up with them. The more jobs they advertise the more people will want to sign up. The more that sign up means more chance of getting a company to place a job with them.

Grab yourself a free E-mail address and use that for replies because you’ll be spammed by just about every one you join up with. I still get loads of e-mails in my Hotmail in-box despite having been in employment for over 8 months.

By far my favourite site was this click here The guys there really worked hard and got me several interviews. Unfortunately they didn’t get me my current job – That came completely out of the blue from a part time small agency that doesn't even have a website.

Confab

Noldi 20:06 09 Jul 09

click here
Is the main one for our industry.

The other one that I view is click here.

But as I have not had to look for a job for over 10 years its just a case of whats going on.

Noldi

Charence 20:36 09 Jul 09

click here

However, you might find the company reviews, salary and interview information useful before applying for a job.

crosstrainer 04:10 10 Jul 09

...A manager, I used this site:

click here

It's not just for the elite, and I found it a lot better than the job centre, who (despite advertising decent jobs with training and long term prospects yielded nothing.

Seth Haniel 10:58 10 Jul 09

click here

"From this page you can search all NHS jobs in England and Wales. Simply select the relevant criteria in the form below and then click "search" at the bottom of the page. Then you will be shown a list of all suitable positions. "

dfh 11:04 10 Jul 09

When the other half was looking for another job, found this one easy to upload CV and to apply for jobs
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…