What's your favourite holiday website?

Production Ed 13:24 04 Dec 08

Thanks to everyone who recommended fitness and health websites for our Readers' Sites section.

Our new Readers' Sites champion is Si_L, who recommended Runners Forum (click here). We found this site simple but helpful, with a friendly and knowledgeable user base. Si_L wins a copy of Magix Rescue Your Videotapes.

Honourable mentions go to Pineman100, who recommended Countryside Access (click here), a useful guide to public access for walks in the English countryside, and D Williams, who sang the praises of Tesco Diets (click here).

Our next topic is holidays. Where do you go to find great deals on holidays? Which sites provide the best recommendations and travel advice? We've covered travel blogs before (click here), which may provide some inspiration for this topic - but instead of people discussing their own holidays in the past, we're looking for sites that help you choose, book, plan for and make the most of your own trips.

As usual, we don't just want to know which websites you recommend - we want to know why. You can add your recommendation and reasons to this thread or email them to [email protected]. This is your chance to see your name in the magazine, and perhaps even win a great prize!

Thanks again,

David Price
PC Advisor

Production Ed 13:27 04 Dec 08

Runners Forum should have been click here of course!

BryanR 15:37 04 Dec 08

I doubt anyone who's visited Bovisand in Devon would disagree that this is one of the most popular holiday destinations for Londoners wanting to 'get away from it all' on a budget.

click here

I believe the visitors are affectionately known as 'grockels'.

Bryan

TopCat® 17:58 04 Dec 08

For several years now I and my family have used the Thompson website for our holidays - click here We find they offer excellent holidays to a great many destinations and which will provide just about any activities one could desire. They also cater well for the inactive too who just want a peaceful and relaxing time on a far away, sun-drenched sandy beach.

An additional bonus is that they own and run their own aircraft and we've never been disappointed with the great service provided onboard any of them. TC.

Woolwell 18:13 04 Dec 08

Expedia click here found a good holiday to Brussels via Eurostar.

Travel agent: click here
Good service

tullie 18:54 04 Dec 08

I would go along with TopCat,i have used them on many occasions,particulery for cruises.click here

laurie53 20:31 04 Dec 08

My previous boss would say the office website.

When on holiday he logged in every day to check on things!

sidecar sid 20:32 04 Dec 08

Trip Advisor
click here
Check out the reviews and look at the travelers photos.
Then make your own mind up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…