What's your favourite food-related website?

David Price 17:31 20 Dec 10

We're looking for recommendations of food-related websites. What's the most delicious website for gastronomes, gourmands and greedy guts?

Whether it's recipes, restaurant recommendations or general foodie discussion, we want to hear why it's your favourite. The top 10 will appear in PC Advisor magazine, and our favourite will earn its recommender a prize.

(Forum members with sharp memories may recall that we discussed this very subject two years back:

click here

We may recommend the odd old favourite if it's still providing a top-notch service, but we're particularly keen to hear about new, obscure and unexpectedly delightful food websites.)

You can add your recommendation and reasons to this thread or email them to [email protected]. This is your chance to see your name in the magazine, and perhaps even win a great prize!

Finally, thanks to everyone who recommended a video game website last month, and particularly to jwarn, who wins the prize for recommending Miniclip.

David Price
PCA

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:48 20 Dec 10

click here Strictly no nonsense food,easy to navigate site and unlike that visually horrendous woman N.(does my bum look big when I vamp shamelessly)Lawson and the even worse Sophie(vacant copycat) Dahl. They have no airs and graces unlike the previous two harpies and are just above Nigel Slater IMHO.

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:50 20 Dec 10

'are just above Nigel Slater'...should be 'the HB's are just above Nigel Slater'

G

Bingalau 18:26 20 Dec 10

I daren't look at a food related website as I am on a permanent diet. I always switch over channels when a food program comes on unexpectedly... Then I go back to my beans on dry toast. Roll on Christmas.

wee eddie 18:33 20 Dec 10

What happens at Christmas?

You put a sprig of holly on the top.

QuizMan 23:07 20 Dec 10

I never know how many vegetables to put in the saucepan. When I try to guess, I usally over-estimate, but I find this site most useful click here. It has the additional benefit of having tabs that take you to other areas such as recipes, storage hints and tips plus money-saving suggestions.

Forum Editor 00:01 21 Dec 10

is this one click here owned and operated by my favourite chef. There's something fascinating about a person who is so skilled, so obsessed with excellence, and so engaging.

This is where I'll be found the day after I win the lottery.....and for several weeks afterwards.

Forum Editor 00:05 21 Dec 10

and cook (he says he's not a chef), is this one:

click here

wee eddie 00:27 21 Dec 10

click here

click here

click here

Not your Manoire perhaps, but then I fell out of love with that kind of cooking while at at Hintlesham, Robert Carrier and I fell out when I was critical of, his current squeeze's, Saffron Soup. There is marvellous British cooking to be had, however many of us are just inverted snobs and too short sighted to go and look for it.

"Rant over"

Never got a Michelin star in the 25 years that I had The Stables, but The Good Food Guide rated me 7/10, Les Routiers gave me awards for my Cheeses and Wines, and a wonderful French Guide Book, Les Petites Futé, said that I was completely mad. Those weren't the actual words they used, but a synopsis thereof, they said that I should not be missed.

Forum Editor 01:09 21 Dec 10

With respect, don't you think it's a little odd to call people short sighted because they might not share the same preferences as you?

An inverted snob is a person who makes it known that they do not like things which suggest high social position, so I'm not sure how that can apply to the people you refer to.

There is indeed some marvellous British cooking to be had, and there's marvellous French and Italian cooking too. Just because we live in Britain it doesn't mean we have to eat British food all the time, or even prefer it.

interzone55 14:26 21 Dec 10

I suppose my first stop for recipes is usually BBC Food click here which has a simple search tool to give recipes based on ingredients, cuisine or diet.

My favourite restaurants are The Inn at Whitewell
click here where HRH has been known to pop in for a bite to eat, as it's on her land, and Sam's Chop House click here where the home-made Corned Beef Hash could keep most people going for a day or two...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…