What's your favourite cultural website?

Managing Ed 12:22 22 Dec 09

Thanks to everyone who recommended a political website for last month's Readers' Sites. QuizMan wins an iPod dock and speaker from Intempo for his recommendation of politics.co.uk - congratulations to QuizMan.

Our next topic is a wide one: culture. Which website do you visit to get your fill of art, dance, music, theatre and other highbrow stuff?

It can be a listings or news resource for finding out about upcoming exhibitions, shows and concerts; a reviews site that rates the best cultural events out there; a blogger who writes about art or music generally; or something entirely different that's related to culture in some other way - surprise us.

For a chance to win a great prize and get your name in the magazine, post a recommendation (and why you recommend the site) in this thread or email it to [email protected].

I know Speakers' Corner is a bastion of culture and sophistication, so I look forward to hearing your suggestions!

David Price
PCA

Quickbeam 12:30 22 Dec 09

you didn't say whether high or low culture:)

Seth Haniel 14:07 22 Dec 09

click here

Anxiety Culture is a webzine with a wealth of ideas & gimmicks for navigating the crazy, paranoid, work-obsessed times we live in.

A place to while away the hours.

Kevscar1 14:37 22 Dec 09

Quickbeam

he did say highbrow stuff. Think that leaves Viz out and any site I've evr visited

Quickbeam 15:04 22 Dec 09

I didn't understand the meaning of highbrow...

Mr Mistoffelees 17:25 22 Dec 09

A very tall head, such as that found among certain Tefal employees.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:50 22 Dec 09

..to raise the ante, I have always found Toxel to be stimulating....click here Click on the links on the right to see more designs. However, I find the Viz letters and Top Tips to be particulary hilarious though.

G

sunnystaines 18:07 22 Dec 09

here is my option

click here

interzone55 20:44 22 Dec 09

The Guardian's culture section is good for book & movie reviews click here

Simsy 21:35 22 Dec 09

Is a site I was introduced to recently...

Ted stand for "Technology,Entertainment, Design"

It's loads of interesting chats/presentations from various walks of life.

click here

Just don't log onto it if your about to do something else... you'll never pull yourself away!

Regards,

Simsy

Simsy 21:39 22 Dec 09

That this was the first one I was introduced to;
click here

As someone whose understanding of classical music was ziltch... this was an incredible eye opener!

The give this one a look at;
click here

Truely amazing!

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…