What's wrong with Seal Burgers

Seth Haniel 13:06 26 Nov 09

click here

Wildlife experts stranded by storms on a remote island off the Northumberland coast have been reduced to eating seaweed to eke out dwindling supplies.

;)

sunnystaines 13:17 26 Nov 09

coast guard choppers pass there all the time they could collect them or drop of some food suppies.

Clapton is God 13:19 26 Nov 09

"What's wrong with Seal Burgers"

Someone's certain to 'blubber' if they start eating the seals.

canarieslover 13:32 26 Nov 09

I thought the Eskimo's regarded seal burgers as a delicacy so it is just that our conception of what is acceptable may not be everybody elses. "One man's meat" comes to mind.

Seth Haniel 13:34 26 Nov 09

maybe a counting error could be overlooked

Yummy Seal steak with Puffin eggs on the side

;)

hssutton 13:43 26 Nov 09

Now could you make a burger from this beautiful creature click here Taken at the Donna Nook nature reserve

Seth Haniel 14:03 26 Nov 09

look different with the fur off ;)
click here
mind you don't think of this when you're having a stew ;)

Seth Haniel 15:48 26 Nov 09

There are between 15 and 20 or more islands depending on the state of the tide. They are scattered about 2.5–7.5 km (1 1/2–4 3/4 miles) distant from the mainland, divided into two groups, the Inner Group and the Outer Group.

Think in high sea's the boat landing area disappears making it difficult to access.
Even on a clam day it is quite hazardous - was last out on them about 1984

sunnystaines 19:24 26 Nov 09

the eskimos in greenland store the seals under the houses till they start to rot before eating them

morddwyd 19:43 26 Nov 09

Can't remember if I've eaten seal or not; I rather think I have.

I've certainly eaten whale. I'm sorry to say it is absolutely delicious, and if it ever comes off the danger list, or they manage to farm it, I will be first in the queue!

canarieslover 19:50 26 Nov 09

Given that Eskimos are always pictured in igloos I would have thought that the seals would be frozen and would take a very long time to rot. Anyway I'm glad I read your comment after dinner, not before.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now