What's Ours?

morddwyd 19:47 PM 05 Nov 11

So the German owners of British Midland are selling it to the Spanish owners of British Airways.

Do we own anything of British value any more?

morddwyd 19:49 PM 05 Nov 11
  Woolwell 19:53 PM 05 Nov 11

British Airways is actually the International Airlines Group see wikipedia

morddwyd 20:11 PM 05 Nov 11

I did

"with its registered office in Madrid, Spain."

Forum Editor 00:15 AM 06 Nov 11

Do we own anything of British value any more?

Well, there's BT, Morgan cars,BP,Vodafone,Rolls Royce (aero engine division),Tesco, Sainsburys, John Lewis,The BBC,Aston Martin, Glenfiddich....the list is still a long one,and anyway,in this age of globalisation does it really matter?

Kevscar1 05:37 AM 06 Nov 11

Aston Martin is co owned by Ford and Investment dar a Kuwaiti company, Wouldn't call that a British Company

Kevscar1 05:49 AM 06 Nov 11

Rolls Royce by BMW

morddwyd 06:56 AM 06 Nov 11

"does it really matter?"

It does to me, that;s why I posted.

Purely personal, of course.

interzone55 10:56 AM 06 Nov 11

Kevscar

FE specifically stated Rolls Royce (aero engine division), which is listed on the London Stock Exchange, so would be widely regarded as a British company, it's also head-quartered in Westminster.

Rolls Royce cars are indeed owned by BMW, and Bentley by VW, and let me tell you as someone who's driven (but unfortunately not owned) Pre & Post sale RR & Bentley cars, they are now far better than they used to be. Although maybe the fact that so many footballers own Continentals does tarnish their image somewhat...

Kevscar1 12:08 PM 06 Nov 11

you are right about aero division my apology

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:41 PM 06 Nov 11

morddwyd?

Were you referring to the likes of:

British Coal

British Steel

British Rail

All sold off by the previous Tory government.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…